The Avantone Pro CK-7+ is a large-diaphragm, condenser microphone with a polar pattern that is switchable between cardioid, ominidirectional, and figure-8 settings. This versatile mic is well suited for capturing vocals, acoustic string instruments, drum overheads, piano, and more, using an assortment of miking techniques, in professional or home studio environments. The microphone features a 34mm / 6μm diaphragm, transformerless FET circuitry, and high-grade capacitors, allowing it to deliver an airy, open top end with a solid low end.
The CK-7+'s body is milled from a single piece of solid brass, which in combination with the included, custom shock mount, helps to prevent unwanted vibrations from reaching the capsule. A metallic, cabernet-red body finish accented with polished nickel trim gives the mic a retro look and feel.
The switchable, -10 dB pad allows you to close-mic high SPL sources without overloading the circuitry, and a switchable 80 Hz, low-frequency roll-off helps reduce problematic rumble and booming low frequencies.
The CK-7+ ships with a padded, wooden mic box and a padded aluminum storage/travel case.
- Proprietary, single backplate, 34mm / 6μm capsule
- Three, switchable polar patterns: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8
- Transformerless FET circuitry
- High-grade polystyrene and metalized polypropylene capacitors in the audio path
- Body milled from a single piece of solid brass
- Metallic, cabernet-red body finish, accented with polished nickel trim
- -10 dB attenuation pad can be switched when close-miking high SPL sources
- Switch 80 Hz roll-off to reduce rumble and low frequencies
- Custom retro shock mount protects microphone from unwanted vibrations
- Includes padded, wooden mic box and padded aluminum storage/travel case