Configured for the aspiring filmmaker, the black EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera with 15-45mm Lens Video Creator Kit from Canon bundles the mirrorless body with the versatile EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, a Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Microphone, and a 32GB SDHC memory card. Together, these items form the essentials needed to record well-rounded UHD 4K movies with enhanced audio.
Comprising a versatile feature-set to suit both stills and video applications, the black EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera from Canon separates itself from the pack with UHD 4K video recording, a high-resolution electronic viewfinder, and improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye Detection AF. Utilizing a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, improved Auto Lighting Optimizer helps to ensure clean image quality with low noise, along with top 10 fps shooting rate and a native sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600, which can be extended to ISO 51200 for working in low-light conditions. The sensor and processor combination also enables UHD 4K video recording at 23.98 fps, along with Full HD 1080p60 and HD 720p120 for slow motion capture. The sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both stills and video use. Additionally, Combination IS 5-axis image stabilization also helps to realize steady, shake-free recording by minimizing the appearance of camera shake.
Complementing the imaging attributes, the EOS M50 also incorporates a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0" touchscreen LCD for intuitive control. The screen's vari-angle design permits working from high and low working angles and its touchscreen interface allows working with Touch and Drag AF for easier manipulation of the AF area. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Large 3.0" touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Integrated 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder permits bright, clear eye-level monitoring and also permits working with Touch and Drag AF for manually moving the AF area while shooting with the EVF for more intuitive control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick, automatic image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe is also available for working with an optional external flash for greater control.
Longer than Rode's VideoMicro and with a narrower pickup pattern, the Rode VideoMic GO camera-mount shotgun microphone offers enhanced off-axis rejection for tighter directionality. Like the VideoMicro, it runs on plug-in power and has no controls or switches, making it well suited for mobile journalists, vloggers, and run-and-gun shooters in a hurry.This compact and lightweight shotgun microphone features an integrated shockmount that mounts directly to your DSLR, mirrorless, or video camera and reduces noise from vibrations and camera handling. The windscreen design reduces wind noise, making it well suited for outdoor shoots. The detachable coiled 3.5mm TRS cable ensures easy hookup to your camera, and the dual-mono output means that no channel selection is necessary on your recording device.