The single, white PSI Audio A17-M is a classic powered near-field monitor designed to be tonally balanced, with high-resolution detail and an efficient transient response for accuracy in surround setups. The bi-amplifier delivers 80W to the 6.9" woofer and 40W to the 3.9" tweeter, which combine to provide a frequency response of 43 Hz to 23 kHz at an SPL of 115 dB per pair.
The amplifier output also features Adaptive Output Impedance (AOI) output stages, while the active crossover with integrated Compensated Phase Response (CPR) delivers an impulse behavior with accurate stereo imaging. The crossover is optimized for maximum phase coherence, projecting a wide horizontal and vertical listening area.
The rear panel offers a balanced XLR input and features audio-level control and roll-off control for optimizing low frequencies, for standalone use or when using an optional subwoofer. The PSI Audio A17-M ships with a power cord, anti-slippage stickers, and an individual frequency-response diagram.
- Broad bandwidth in a compact cabinet
- Flat frequency response
- Optimized directivity by phase coherency
- Optional metal bracket
- Protection circuits with overload indicator
- True balanced input
- Designed for stereo and multichannel monitoring
- Magnetically shielded for use near video monitors
- Adaptive Output Impedance (AOI) Technology: The AOI is made up of a system that detects the movement of the membrane and the coil, as well as a filtered counter reaction. This is then tuned to achieve the ideal dampening rate for each frequency
- Acoustic Load Guide (ALG) Technology: The ALG is used in all regular 2-way and 3-way PSI Audio speakers. The shape and dimensions of the waveguide used in PSI Audio's custom tweeter is specially designed to optimize directivity, as well as maximize sound-pressure level, and extend bandwidth
- Compensated Phase Response (CPR) Technology: The CPR system is made up of several all-pass filters, each acting in a specific range. Combined, they create a compensated phase response, which provides a constant group delay that is kept to the bare minimum through the entirely analog technology
- Phantom Standby Control (PSC) Technology: The PSC technology enables remote activation and deactivation of the standby mode of your loudspeakers via the signal cable