Capture stunning 4K video and beautiful photos at depths as great as 200'with the Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing and Nikon D7500 Camera Body Kit from B&H. Bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the 20.9MP digital SLR camera body, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Once you grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to start your dive.
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D7500 with Dry Lock Port Mount
Capture brilliant images of the aquatic world with your Nikon D7500 DSLR Camera in Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing, which has a depth rating of 200'. An Ikelite bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional external strobes via sync cords. The use of an optional TTL hot shoe and converter will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, dials, and levers, afford access to all essential camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
This housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for an array of lenses. For full compatibility details, see the port chart.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Housing is made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water, though your choice of lens and port may change the overall buoyancy of the system
- Open-groove design suspends the rear O-ring in the natural position, making maintenance easier and preventing accidental twisting or stretching
- Front-loading mounting plate enables quick camera installation, and allows access to the battery compartment and memory card slot
- Mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for connection to an optional tripod
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Use of an optional external strobe is highly recommended for color correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend to depths greater than 15-20'
- Strobe restores hues that are absorbed by the water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- To ensure that your images are as clear and colorful as possible, try to stay no more than 3-4' away from your subjects
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of strobes
- Optional NT2 Nikon TTL hot shoe and 4301.3 converter will enable TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes, which use the #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Sync Cords
- Non-Ikelite strobes, such as those from Sea & Sea, INON, and Retra, will still work in manual mode only, and can be connected via #4118.1 Single and #4118.2 Dual Sync Cords
- Older non-digital strobes can be used in manual mode via #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Cords
- Housing ships without a required sync cord for a strobe
- Bulkhead has been moved to the top of the enclosure to keep the cord out of your way and reduce strain on the ends
- Ikelite's #4403 Optical Slave Converter and Aquatica's Water Wizard system are available options that will let you trigger wireless slave strobes
- Exposure compensation is available via the camera's controls
Controls and Handling
- Sensitive shutter and AE-L/AF-L levers are curved and extendable to increase comfort when using the optional right-hand grip
- Upgraded soft-touch knobs, including the zoom knob on the side, allow for a better, more comfortable grip with or without gloves
- Push-buttons have been modified to reduce weight and salt buildup
- Ergonomic, mechanical push-buttons, knobs, and levers afford access to all camera functions except for the following: release mode dial, release mode dial lock release, diopter adjustment control, focus mode selector, focus selector lock, bracketing button, and Fn1 and Fn2 buttons
- Control placement is as close as possible to the layout of functions on the camera, allowing your muscle memory to guide you--so you don't have to learn another set of controls
- Symbols for the controls are etched into the back of the housing with lasers, so they won't fade or fall off with time
- Supereye Viewfinder enhances your view through the camera's OVF when you're wearing a mask
- You can remove the Supereye quickly if you'd like to attach the optional Straight or 45° Magnified Viewfinder instead
- Hard-anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip improves balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- 1/4"-20 mounts and other mounting points on the tray enable a connection to a tripod and the addition of accessories
- Optional right-hand grip can be added easily
- Tray is more than 3/4 lb lighter than Ikelite's previous model
- Housing is a 1/2 lb lighter than its FL-mount counterpart
- Another 1/4"-20 threaded mount is located front and center on the housing above the port mount, allowing for the attachment of a focus light, GoPro action camera, or other lightweight piece of equipment
- Optional Cable Grip or Aluminum Top Handle can be added for easier carrying if you're using 2 strobes
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts all Ikelite Dry Lock (DL) dome and flat ports, enabling you to use a wide variety of lenses with the appropriate zoom and focus gears
- For complete compatibility information, see the port chart linked above
- DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters
- Provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve that helps you check watertight integrity before the dive
- Removal of excess air to create a vacuum requires #47011 Pump with Gauge
- DL mount can be removed and replaced by the older FL (Four Lock) port locks, though this change would be irreversible unless you sent the housing back to Ikelite to have the DL mount installed again
Nikon D7500 DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Designed as a true all-arounder, the Nikon D7500 is a DX-format DSLR offering a versatile feature-set to appeal to photographers and videographers alike. Based on a 20.9MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 5 image processor, this multimedia maven avails an 8 fps continuous shooting rate for up to 100 consecutive JPEGS, a native sensitivity range to ISO 51,200 that can be expanded up to ISO 1,640,000, and 4K UHD video and time-lapse recording capabilities. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a 51-point Multi-CAM 3500FX II autofocus system, which features 15 cross-type points for fast performance and accurate subject tracking capabilities in a variety of lighting conditions.
Balancing the performance attributes, the D7500 is also characterized by its sleek profile and monocoque construction that is comfortable and easy to handle. This physical design is also fully weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environmental conditions. In addition to the pentaprism optical viewfinder, a rear 3.2" 922k-dot touchscreen is also featured, and has a tilting design to benefit working from high and low shooting angles. Additionally, SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permit wireless transferring of photos and movies and remote control over the camera from linked mobile devices.
20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5 Image Processor
In addition to benefitting image quality, the EXPEED 5 processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including a top continuous shooting rate of 8 fps with full-time autofocus and exposure metering. Up to 100 JPEGs or 50 14-bit lossless compressed NEF files can be recorded in a single burst.
4K UHD Video Recording
- 4K UHD movie image format is an area that provides a 1.5x increase in the effective focal length of the lens in use and is reserved for 4K 3840 x 2160 recording.
- 1.3x-based movie image area provides a 1.3x crop of the DX sensor, and is used for recording Full HD and HD video.
- DX-based movie image format utilizes the full width of the DX-format sensor, and is used to record Full HD 1920 x 1080 and HD 1280 x 720 video. This setting is well-suited for shallow depth of field effects and provides the widest field of view.
As with still shooting, the wide range of sensitivities is available for recording in low- and bright-light conditions, ranging from expanded ISO 100-1640000, and sensitivity values are manually adjustable via the dedicated movie-shooting menu. Also, a video-optimized Flat Picture Control mode can be used during recording to flatten the overall contrast curve for more control during post-production and color grading.
Benefitting handheld shooting, an Electronic Vibration Reduction feature can be used during Full HD and HD recording, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake across three axes to control horizontal, vertical, and rotational movements. Additionally, Active D-Lighting can also be employed during Full HD/HD shooting to preserve highlight and shadow detail when working in high-contrast situations.
In regard to handling, a dedicated power aperture button (Pv) makes it possible to achieve smooth, continuous exposure transitions when switching from light to dark areas and Auto ISO can also be used to maintain consistent brightness when working in changing light situations. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality. Regardless if using the in-camera mic or an external mic, audio levels can be adjusted in 20 increments and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
In addition to straight movie recording, time-lapse recording, for up to 9999 consecutive frames shot over the course of up to one week, is also possible with up to 4K UHD/30p output from the camera.
51-Point Multi-CAM 3500FX II Autofocus System
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better-suit working with moving subjects.
- A large 3.2" 922k-dot touchscreen is available for intuitive live view shooting and playback control, and it features a tilting design to benefit working from high and low shooting angles.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and a 0.94x magnification for clear, realistic viewing in any lighting condition.
- The monocoque-type carbon-fiber construction is lightweight, durable, and incorporates a deep right hand grip for comfortable and stable handling, making it especially suitable for all-day shooting with longer zooms or telephoto lenses.
- Weather-sealed design benefits working in trying environmental conditions.
- Shutter unit has been tested for up to 150,000 cycles for long-lasting use and an integrated shutter monitor automatically calculates the duration between front and rear curtain movements with each exposure to automatically correct for any variances.
- Built-in pop-up flash is available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe can also be used in conjunction with an optional external Speedlight, and, if used with the optional WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller, the camera can control up to three groups of SB-5000 Speedlights via radio.
- The included EN-EL15a rechargeable lithium-ion battery is CIPA-rated to last for approximately 950 shots per charge.
SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
Other Camera Features
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Automated exposure bracketing is possible for up to 9 frames with 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps between each frame.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 5's processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- MC-DC2 port enables the connection of optional accessories, such as remote shutter releases.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine up to 10 different exposures into a single image, with the ability to save all 10 separate shots or just the composite image.
- In-camera raw file batch processing is possible to apply a consistent set of adjustments to several files at once.
- Picture Control: Auto, Flat, Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, and Vivid.
- Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.