Capture brilliant 45.7MP photos and 4K UHD video of sea life with the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Nikon D850 DSLR Camera Body Kit from B&H. Once you grab your favorite lens, a compatible Ikelite port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to begin your aquatic adventures at depths as great as 200'. The housing offers mechanical controls that provide access to all key camera functions and an Ikelite bulkhead connector for the attachment of external strobes via sync cords.
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D850 with Dry Lock Port Mount
Capture brilliant images at depths as great as 200' with your Nikon D850 DSLR in Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing, which features their Dry Lock Port Mount and vacuum valve. An Ikelite bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional external strobes via sync cords. Using an optional TTL hot shoe and the Nikon TTL Converter will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, dials, and levers, afford access to all essential camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of lenses. For full compatibility details, see the port chart. The DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. You'll need to pick up the required pump in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- Nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Open-groove design suspends the rear O-ring in the natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching
- Front-loading mounting plate enables quick camera installation, and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
- Mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for connection to an optional tripod
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Use of an optional external strobe is highly recommended for color correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend deeper than 15-20' underwater
- Strobe restores hues that get absorbed by the water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from your subject to preserve natural colors in images
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of strobes
- Optional #46064 NT2 Nikon TTL hot shoe and #4301.3 Nikon TTL Converter enable TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes, which use #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Cords
- Exposure compensation can be adjusted using the control in the camera
- Non-Ikelite strobes, such as those from Sea & Sea, INON, and Nikonos, will still work in manual mode only, and can be attached via the following cords: #4118.1 Single INON or Sea & Sea, #4118.2 Dual INON or Sea & Sea, #4116.31 Single Nikonos SB, and #4116.32 Dual Nikonos SB
- Older non-digital strobes can be used in manual mode via #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Cords
- Housing ships without a required sync cord for a strobe
- Bulkhead has been moved to the top of the enclosure to keep the cord out of your way and reduce strain on the ends
- Optical Slave Converter and Aquatica Water Wizard system are available options that will allow you to trigger wireless slave strobes
Controls and Handling
- Sensitive, redesigned shutter and AF-On levers are curved and extendable for comfortable use when holding the optional right-hand quick-release grip
- Extra-large, soft-touch zoom knob is located next to the grip handle
- Push-buttons have been modified to reduce weight and salt buildup
- Ergonomic mechanical push-buttons, dials, and levers afford access to all camera functions except for the mode dial lock release, AF mode button, focus mode selector, diopter adjustment control, Pv button, Fn button, and focus selector lock
- Control symbols are laser-etched into the back of the housing, so they won't fade or fall off with time
- Supereye Viewfinder enhances your view through the camera's OVF when you're wearing a mask
- You can remove the Supereye quickly if you'd like to attach the optional Straight or 45° Magnified Viewfinder instead
- Hard-anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand grip can be added easily
- 1/4"-20 mounts and other mounting points enable connection to a tripod and the addition of accessories
- Tray is more than 3/4 lb lighter than Ikelite's previous model
- Housing is 1/2 lb lighter than its FL-mount counterpart
- Another 1/4"-20 threaded mount is located front and center on the housing above the port mount, allowing for the attachment of a focus light, GoPro action camera, or other lightweight piece of equipment
- Optional Cable Grip or Aluminum Top Handle can be added for easier carrying if you're using 2 strobes
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts all Ikelite Dry Lock (DL) dome and flat ports, allowing you to shoot with a wide variety of lenses
- Zoom gears are available for many lenses
- For complete compatibility details, see the port chart linked above
- DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters
- Provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve that helps you check watertight integrity before the dive
- #47011 pump is required in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum
- DL mount can be removed and replaced by the older FL (Four Lock) port locks, though this change would be irreversible unless you sent the housing back to Ikelite to have the DL mount installed again
Nikon D850 DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Proving that speed and resolution can indeed coexist, the Nikon D850 is a multimedia DSLR that brings together robust stills capabilities along with apt movie and time-lapse recording. Revolving around a newly designed 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and proven EXPEED 5 image processor, the D850 is clearly distinguished by its high resolution for recording detailed imagery. The back-illuminated design of the sensor is able to acquire greater detail and clarity when working in low-light conditions, and the sensor also forgoes an optical low-pass filter for improved sharpness. Working in conjunction with the sensor is the EXPEED 5 image processor, which together afford a 7 fps continuous shooting rate for up to 51 consecutive frames, an expandable sensitivity range from ISO 32 to 102400, and 4K UHD video recording using either a DX crop or the entire area of the full-frame sensor. An 8K time-lapse recording mode is also available, as well as additional specialized recording modes for digitizing film negatives and for focus stacking applications. Benefitting the imaging capabilities is an advanced Multi-CAM 20K 153-point AF system, which debuted with the flagship D5 and offers 99 cross-type sensors for refined focusing accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. Checking off a number of boxes for multimedia image-makers, the D850 positions itself as not only a high-resolution DSLR but also as a camera for speed, movies, and low-light shooting needs.
Balancing the versatile imaging features, the D850 is also equally refined in its physical design. A large optical pentaprism offering a wide field of view and 0.75x magnification affords photographers a bright, clear, and realistic view for critical shooting needs. Conversely, a 3.2" 2.36m-dot LCD touchscreen is also available for live view shooting, playback, and menu navigation, and features a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles. A weather-sealed design is also employed, to suit working in a variety of environmental conditions, and the optional MB-D18 grip can be added to boost overall shooting times and continuous shooting rates. Additionally, built-in SnapBridge allows for wireless sharing of low-resolution imagery and remote live view use on a linked mobile device, and an optional WT-7a Wireless Transmitter can also be used for faster wireless transferring of files.
45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5 Processor
Benefitting the sensor is the apt EXPEED 5 image processor, which affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot continuously at 7 fps for up to 51 consecutive 14-bit lossless compressed raw files in a single burst. When working with the optional MB-D18 grip and EN-EL18a/b battery, this shooting rate can be increased to 9 fps, and up to 30 fps shooting is possible when working in a DX crop mode during Silent Live View.
153-Point Multi-CAM 20K Autofocus System
Managing the abundance of focusing points is a dedicated AF engine, which offers quick response times to benefit tracking fast and randomly moving subjects, even at the top 7 fps shooting rate. The AF engine also contributes to enhanced focusing sensitivity, with all points capable of focusing -4 EV for working in very dark, low-contrast situations.
Furthering the versatility of the focusing system, different AF-area modes can be selected to support varying types of subject matter:
- Single-Point AF: The camera uses a single point to find focus.
- Dynamic-Area AF: Available with 25, 72, or 153-point selections, this mode uses a primary single focus point to lock onto focus, and then makes use of the surrounding points for maintaining focus while tracking erratically-moving subjects.
- Group-Area AF: This mode treats smaller groups of AF points as a single point for a wider field of recognition, and is well-suited to tracking faces or other detailed subjects.
- 3D-Tracking: Using a subject's color information, this mode utilizes all 153 points to maintain focus on a moving subject while half-pressing the shutter button.
- Auto-Area AF: This mode makes use of all 153 points to quickly identify the main subject, and then prioritizes recognized faces as portrait subjects in any AF servo mode.
Lastly, a unique auto AF fine-tune function can be employed to ensure the best possible focus for each mounted lens. Rather than relying on photographing distance charts, this function lets you achieve precise focus manually in live view, and then have the AF system calibrate itself to the fine-tuned focus position in order to alleviate front- and back-focusing issues.
4K UHD Video Recording and 8K Time-Lapse
Benefitting video recording, a dedicated power aperture button (Pv) makes it possible to achieve smooth, continuous exposure transitions when switching from light to dark areas, and Auto ISO can also be used to maintain a consistent brightness when working in changing lighting situations. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
The D850 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximize battery life.
- A large 3.2" 2.359m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- The bright optical pentaprism viewfinder offers a large 0.75x magnification and a wide field of view for comfortable and accurate use.
- Configured with one XQD memory card slot and one UHS-II-compliant SD memory card slot, which allows you to extend file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording, in-camera file-duplicating, or the ability to segregate raw and JPEG files between the two cards.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection. Additionally, most of the rear buttons are illuminated for greater visibility when working in dim lighting conditions.
- The included EN-EL15a rechargeable lithium-ion battery is CIPA-rated to last for approximately 1840 shots per charge. If paired with the optional MB-D18 grip and EN-EL18a/b battery, you can record approximately 5140 shots per charge.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
Other Camera Features
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Faster wireless transfer is possible using the optional WT-7a Wireless Transmitter.
- A Negative Digitizer mode is specifically designed for photographing film negatives and slides to convert them to high-resolution digital files. This mode is intended to be used with the optional AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens and the ES-2 Slide Copying Adapter.
- Focus Shift Mode benefits working with focus stacking techniques by automatically recording a series of images at up to 10 different focus steps. Up to 300 individual frames can be recorded within these 10 steps, with the D850 automatically shifting focus between each shot to achieve an extended depth of field. The sequential images will be saved within a unique folder on the memory card in order to keep each series of exposures segregated for a faster and easier post-production workflow.
- In-camera shooting in the 1:1 square format and classic 4:5 format is possible, and the viewfinder will be automatically shaded during shooting in order to aid in more accurate composition.
- Raw files can be recorded in three separate sizes for expedited post-production, and in-camera raw file batch processing is also possible.
- The D850 is compatible with the radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting system, which permits working with the optional WR-R10 Controller and WR-A10 Receiver, along with the SB-5000, for intuitive, controllable wireless flash shooting.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Flat, Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and auto settings.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.