Capture stunning 4K video and beautiful photos at depths as great as 200' with the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Camera Body Kit from B&H. Bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the 30.4MP digital SLR camera body, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Once you grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to start your dive.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, or 5DS R with Dry Lock Port Mount (200')
Capture sharp, detailed photos and video beneath the surface with your Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, or 5DS R DSLR camera in Ikelite's Underwater Housing with Dry Lock Port Mount. The front and back parts are both depth rated to 200'. The back can be swapped out for an optional one with a 50' rating if you're looking for something lighter in weight and slightly smaller, and you aren't venturing down a great distance below the surface. An Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes. Use of an optional TTL hot shoe and circuitry will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to virtually all camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It's white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but the clear Lexan back plate allows you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the Port Chart. The Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive.
- The front and back parts are both depth rated to 200'
- Back can be swapped out for an optional one with a 50' depth rating
- Made by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear Lexan back, which is also corrosion-resistant, allows you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water; actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Open-groove design suspends rear O-ring in natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring
- Camera mounting plate enables quick installation and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
- Spare 1/2-20 threaded mount on front of housing for attaching optional accessories
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes via sync cords
- Optional # 46070 CT1K Canon TTL Kit (hot shoe and circuitry) will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes, such as Sea & Sea, Inon, and Nikonos models, will still work in manual mode only
- All strobes used with camera in this housing require sync cord connection, unless they are additional flash units being triggered as slaves by the hard-wired strobes
- Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering via Optical Slave Converter #4403 or Aquatica's Water Wizard system
- Use of external strobe highly recommended for color-correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend further than 15-20' underwater
- Strobe restores hues that get absorbed by water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from subject to preserve natural colors in images
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers
- Controls afford access to virtually all camera functions, including shutter release, zoom, power on/off, start/stop video recording, main dial, mode dial/lock release, metering mode/white balance, AF mode/drive mode, ISO, lens release, AF-ON, menu, info, playback, Creative photo/comparative playback, rate button, index/magnify/reduce, erase, live view shooting/movie shooting switch, AE lock, AF point selection, quick control, setting, [Q] quick control dial
- Extra large, soft touch zoom knob and universal zoom gear system
- Control symbols laser-etched into rear of housing won't fade with time
- Supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand QR grip can be added to allow for a second lighting arm to be connected
- Enhance your view with optional # 6890 Straight Magnified Viewfinder or #6891.1 45° Magnified Viewfinder Type 1
Lens Port System
- Dry Lock (DL) Port System
- Housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses
- For full compatibility, see Port Chart linked above
- Provides added security against leaks at the surface--thanks in large part to included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before dive
- Pump required in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Continuing on in their legacy of powerful workhorse cameras, Canon has released the 5D Mark IV DSLR which is an outstanding still photography option and an able 4K-capable video machine. This multimedia maven offers a newly developed 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor paired with the DIGIC 6+ image processor in order to balance fine detail and resolution with low-light performance and sensitivity. It is able to work within a native range of ISO 100-32000, which can then be expanded to an impressive ISO 50-102400, for sharp, low-noise images in a variety of conditions. Along with these improvements to image quality, users will enjoy a performance boost across the board with an enhanced AF system, built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and GPS, and much more.
In order to deliver detailed images quickly and effectively the 5D Mark IV leverages the power of the DIGIC 6+ image processor, which can handle up to 7 frames per second during continuous shooting. It also uses a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor to evaluate the scene and subjects for accurate exposures under a variety of different lighting conditions. An improved 61-point High Density Reticular AF furthers the camera's speed by tracking and locking onto subjects quickly and accurately for tack sharp photos. A new AF area select button is now available as well for near immediate access to this setting.
Video benefits from the addition of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF to smoothly rack focus during a shot. Shooters can even make use of the 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD to simply tap to adjust the focus point. Furthermore, now that the camera has DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) video recording at up to 30 fps, users can snag 8.8MP stills from the video for an even faster capture option. Tied into the Dual Pixel sensor architecture is a brand new feature for Canon: Dual Pixel RAW, which allows for fine tuning of certain image parameters, including bokeh shift and focus micro adjustment, after the image is taken.
The body has been further refined for comfort and ease of access, as well as durability and weather resistance. The Canon N3 remote port has been relocated to the front of the camera body and they have added both GPS and Wi-Fi with NFC to make this model a connected camera.
30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
Versatility is key with the 5D, as it needs to be able to tackle landscapes and weddings with equal ease. By using a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor shooters will be able to more comfortably rely on the camera to capture difficult scenes. This sensor also has face detection as well as flicker detection which can ensure proper exposure in less-than-ideal lighting situations. Along with this, the camera offers an improved continuous shooting rate of 7 fps, making it a great option for events and action.
High Density Reticular AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
In addition to advanced tracking and focusing while using the optical finder for stills, Live View and video can now use Dual Pixel CMOS AF on the actual imaging sensor. This offers about 80% coverage of phase-detection autofocus for faster and more accurate focusing in these modes. It is ideal for video as users will enjoy smoother rack focusing without the downsides normally encountered with contrast-based systems. Also, this works well with the touchscreen functions, allowing shooters to just tap to adjust focus.
DCI 4K Video Recording
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack. Real time audio monitoring is possible, too, via the 3.5mm headphone jack. The 4K video recording also avails the ability to take 8.8MP still frame grabs during playback on the rear touchscreen and save them as single images.
Dual Pixel RAW
- A large 3.2" 1.62m-dot Clear View II LCD monitor is available and features an anti-reflective design for bright, vivid image playback and live view shooting, and its touchscreen interface can be used for intuitive touch-to-focus control and adjusting settings in the menus.
- A dedicated AF mode selection button located beneath the rear joystick offers another avenue for accessing settings, allowing for fast, intuitive access to commonly changed options.
- Dual CompactFlash and SD memory card slots allow you to extend your file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording or in-camera file type separation while shooting.
- An Intelligent Viewfinder II uses a pentaprism design and offers a bright means for viewing. When using the viewfinder, AF points are highlighted in red for greater visibility in low-light conditions, and the finder can also be configured to display a range of other shooting aids, such as an electronic level, grid, flicker detection, white balance, metering mode, AF information, and other settings.
- A Mirror Vibration Control System helps to minimize mechanical vibrations in order to better ensure sharpness during long exposures or fast continuous shooting bursts.
- A robust magnesium alloy body design is both dust- and weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environments.
Other Camera Features
- A built-in GPS module allows you to geotag imagery in-camera as well as auto time sync with the Universal Time Code via satellites. This module is compatible with American GPS, Russian GLONASS, and Japanese quasi-zenith Michibiki satellites for a wide coverage of support.
- Digital Lens Optimizer technology compensates for a range of optical defects from various lenses, including chromatic aberration, distortion, peripheral brightness, and diffraction, and the camera can store lens data in order to avoid having to re-register lenses prior to each use. The camera can handle this process in real time, delivering JPEGs with the corrections already applied.
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of time-lapse imagery and supports recording 1-99 consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals from 1 second to 99 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Users can also choose to set the camera to unlimited frames.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device as well as the CS100 Connect Station.