As one of their flagship optics, the 12x50 Konusrex Binoculars from Konus offer the performance required for birdwatchers, hunters, hikers, and avid outdoor enthusiasts.
Outfitted with a high magnification and large objectives, these binoculars are ideal for making detailed observations of distant subjects (without the dimming that is often associated with long-distance viewing) or when peering into heavy brush and dense canopies. The BAK4 roof prisms are phase corrected and treated with silver mirror finishes on the reflective surfaces. These work together to limit internal light loss and interference for improved clarity and contrast. Anti-reflection fully multi-coated lenses maximize light transmission for improved brightness, resolution, and color rendition.
Complementing the optical performance are design and construction details that make the binoculars easy to hold and capable of withstanding the elements. The dual-hinge/open-bridge construction provides added gripping surface area while reducing the overall weight without sacrificing strength or stability. Ergonomic and slip-resistant armoring with raised ridges provides a sure and positive grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging if the weather turns or the binoculars take an accidental spill in a stream or puddle. For extended use, or to limit vibrations and arm fatigue, the Konusrex binoculars are tripod mountable using an optional adapter.
- Powerful 12x magnification enables detailed observations of distant subjects
- Large 50mm objective lenses help to maintain image brightness without the dimming that is often associated with long-range viewing with high-power optics
- Compact roof prism optical path keeps the optical tubes narrow despite the large objectives for easier handling
- BAK4 prism glass delivers a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Phase-correcting prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve clarity and contrast
- Highly reflective silver mirror coating on prism surfaces improve light transmission to maintain brightness and contrast
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission through lenses for bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color representation
- 59° apparent angle of view approaches wide-angle to help minimize the appearance of the distracting hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics while offering an immersive observational experience
- Spacious 259' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Open-bridge/dual-hinge configuration provides enhanced gripping surface area for more secure handling
- Large slip-resistant center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather, or while wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction allows for precise focusing even for those who normally require corrective eyewear
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear or sunglasses
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter enables hands-free use to reduce arm fatigue and vibration
- Long eye relief improves viewing comfort during long-duration glassing sessions with reduced eyestrain
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to maintain full views without vignetting
- Bridge design helps to reduce overall weight without sacrificing strength or stability
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Protective rubber armoring with raised palm ridges provide a slip-resistant grip in cold and wet weather