The Key-Digital 32x8 Audio Matrix Switcher with Built-In Audio DSP is a custom-built kit consisting of 4 KD-MAX8x8 switcher units. The switcher comes wired together with a single, long cable, and with the input and output configuration already set up.
The single 8x8 units are designed as ideal matrix switchers for playing audio in a bar or restaurant. Featuring 8 balanced/unbalanced Phoenix inputs, 8 RCA SPDIF inputs, and corresponding outputs, the 8x8 units are capable of sending an audio source to multiple independent or grouped audio zones, allowing the audience to listen to a single, clear audio source. The kit configuration expands all this capability to more zones, for larger locations.
The switcher enables analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog conversion of signals, or can operate as two independent audio matrixes, one digital and one analog. Furthermore, any connected source may be selected on any output and variable signal processing levels can be applied for volume, bass, mid, treble, balance, and lip sync.
The system can be controlled using the Key Digital app or various other 3rd-party control systems (see Features section below).
Multi-Format Audio Multiplexing
- DSP per output for independent matrix selection
- Analog to analog matrix with DSP
- Digital to analog matrix with DSP
- Digital to digital matrix
- Analog to digital matrix
- Variable level settings for volume, muting, 3-band EQ, balance, and lip-sync delay per balanced output
- Variable level set from 0 - 170ms
- Analog to digital
- Digital to analog
Balanced or Unbalanced
- Input audio type may be specified per input
Lossless Compressed Digital Audio
- Dolby and DTS surround sound up to 5.1-channel pass-through
Long Cable Runs
- Enabled by balanced audio connection, signals may be run up to 1000'
- TCP/IP, RS-232, and USB with full bidirectional operation, front-panel push buttons and LEDs, front/rear optical IR, and serial IR
Control System Support
- Key Digital app ready (scan and detect population for pre-built GUI and TCP/IP control via the app)
- Compass Control Pro ready
- KD-Wizard ready
- Fully controllable by all IR, RS-232, and TCP/IP supported control systems via open API: AMX, Crestron, Control4, KNX, RTI, Savant, URC, Leviton, etc.