Combining the classic look of a Turner microphone with the futuristic glow of four, built-in white LED lights, The Fin from Heil Sound is a dynamic, cardioid vocal microphone designed for recording, broadcasting, and live sound applications. It uses a shockmounted, large-diaphragm element with a 1.25" aluminum, low-mass voice coil assembly to deliver a smooth, 50 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response with a 4-kHz boost for added brilliance and presence. The mic offers effective side and rear noise rejection to protect against unwanted off-axis noise and feedback on stage.
The Fin features a matte-black body with a white, molded internal foam windscreen inside the grille. The LED lights can only be illuminated when supplied with 48V phantom power by a mixing board, via a balanced XLR microphone cable. If LED lights are not required, the microphone's audio works perfectly well without phantom power and with an unbalanced mic line.
Standard 5/8"-27 microphone stand threads allow The Fin to be mounted on booms or floor stands. The unit ships with an aluminum carrying case.
- Dynamic, cardioid vocal microphone for recording, broadcasting, or live sound applications
- Combines the classic look of a Turner microphone with futuristic glow of four white LED lights inside a matte-black body
- LED lights are powered by 48V phantom power supplied by a mixing board via a balanced XLR microphone cable
- Microphone audio works without phantom power and using an unbalanced mic line
- Shockmounted, large-diaphragm element with 1.25" aluminum low-mass voice coil assembly provides a 50 Hz to 18 kHz frequency response with a 4-kHz boost
- Effective side and rear noise rejection protects against unwanted off-axis noise and feedback
- Molded internal foam windscreen inside the grille
- Standard 5/8"-27 microphone stand threads
- Includes aluminum carrying case