Proving the axiom, "Greater than the sum of its parts," the Alpine Astronomical Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Mark IV Zoom Eyepiece with Hyperion Zoom Barlow Lens combines two optically matched accessories to give users a powerful combination for visual and photographic use.
Alpine Astronomical Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Mark IV Zoom Eyepiece (1.25"/2")
Outfitted with a wide and useful focal length range that is ideal for all kinds of astronomical observation and astrophotography, the Alpine Astronomical Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Mark IV Zoom Eyepiece will be an invaluable addition to your telescope kit.
Its performance starts with a 7-element/4-group flat-field lens design that is treated with Phantom Coating Group multi-coatings. These features work together to deliver clear and bright high-contrast views with edge-to-edge sharpness without distortion or astigmatism. A simple rotating selection system allows users to run through the focal length range with positive click-stops at each setting, and for ease-of-use the eyepiece is parfocal so there will be little to no need to refocus when moving from one focal length to the next.
The Mark IV has been engineered for use on a wide variety of gear and comes with nosepieces to fit standard 1.25" drawtubes and accessories with the option to swap it for a 2" nosepiece or an adapter to thread onto standard 2" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (SCT) visual backs. Removing the eyecup reveals M43 T-mount threads that accept optional accessories from their Astro T-2 modular system, including camera-specific T-rings for projection astrophotography techniques, and extension tubes. For comfortable viewing, the eyepiece comes with three interchangeable eyecups: a fold-down rubber version, a winged model, and a large twist-up adjustable option.
From the moon to the planets to deep sky objects, the Mark IV zoom eyepiece provides versatility that is easy to use.
- 7-element/4-group flat-field lens design maintains edge-to-edge sharpness
- Phantom Coating Group multi-coated optics maximize light transmission for improved contrast and clarity
- All focal length options are parfocal, requiring little to no refocusing when moving through the entire zoom range
Variable Focal Length
- Change magnification by selecting a longer (low power) or shorter (high power) focal length
- Selectable focal length for 8mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, and 24mm
- Field of view, eye relief, and field stop distance change based on focal length setting
- Positive click-stops provide tactile feedback for each focal length selection
- 1.25" nosepiece fits the most common-size drawtubes and accessories, threaded for standard 1.25" filters
- 2" nosepiece allows it to fit larger drawtubes and focusers, threaded for standard 2" filters
- Standard 2" SCT visual back female threads for direct connection to optical tube assembly
- Spotting scope adapter: For use on those spotters that accept astronomical eyepieces, it provides 4mm additional back focus to allow it to achieve the proper focus at infinity
- M43 thread on top of the eyepiece
- Allows attachment of any desired DSLR or T-2 accessory by means of the optional T-rings and camera-specific T-mounts
- Remove eyecup to reveal adapter threads
- Optional extension tubes may be required for full-frame and APS-C cameras
- Winged rubber eyecup blocks peripheral terrestrial light to improve contrast and eliminate distractions
- Fixed folding rubber eyecup allows easy use with or without eyewear
- Large adjustable twist-up eyecup provides precise eye relief setting
Alpine Astronomical Baader Hyperion Zoom 2.25x Barlow Lens (1.25")
Index matched for perfect optical performance with their Hyperion 8-24mm Zoom eyepiece for improved viewing and imaging, the Alpine Astronomical Baader Hyperion Zoom 2.25x Barlow Lens effectively increases the focal length of the eyepiece through the entire zoom range to boost the magnifications without affecting the eye relief.
Built with a triplet air-spaced lens configuration and treated with Phantom Coating Group multi-coatings, the Barlow delivers a bright and flat field of view from edge to edge without astigmatism. The interior of the housing is baffled and blackened to catch stray and diffracted light for improved contrast and resolution.
The Barlow is engineered with a modular body to add versatility to how it can be utilized. When used with the companion zoom eyepiece, the Barlow simply screws onto the eyepiece's filter threads for a secure and seamless fit. An included T-mount accepts standard optional T-rings for direct connection to cameras and imaging systems for projection astrophotography. Using the same T-mount, users can install an optional 1.25" ClickLock adapter for fast eyepiece changes. It can also be used with other 1.25" eyepieces as a conventional 2.25x Barlow by screwing it into the eyepiece's filter threads.