An optional part of their modular Astro T-2 system, the Alpine Astronomical Baader T-2 40mm Extension Tube can be used throughout the system to add the proper spacing between different components. The extension has internal T-2 threads on one end with external T-2 threads on the other for easy use. You can use the extension tubes anywhere you need to precisely space and couple any of the T-2 components, in configurations of your own design.
- Stack this 40mm tube with another of the same size or the two other sizes—15mm and 7.5mm—for precise spacing
- Use with the Alpine telecompressor to vary the spacing of the lens relative to a camera or eyepiece for precise placement
- Provide a secure way of varying an eyepiece-to-camera separation (projection ratio)
- Use with the afocal and ocular projection (OPFA) system
- Use with the Multi-Purpose Coma Corrector to accurately locate and couple the coma corrector to eyepieces