With its fast 1/4-second trigger speed and no-glow flash with a 150' range, the Reconyx HF2X Hyperfire 2 Trail Camera will make sure you see what (or who) is on the move in the woods. The camera shoots motion-triggered or timelapse 3MP still photos at up to two frames per second, and 720p video with sound. Using NiMH or li-ion batteries gives this camera a remarkably wide operating temperature range of -20°-120°F.
The Hyperfire 2 is made in the USA with no moving parts, in order to increase reliability and allow for totally silent operation in the field. It records images onto SD/SDHC memory cards up to 512GB in capacity. The camera runs on 12 user-supplied AA NiMH or lithium batteries, which are easy to find and replace. As an added bonus, it includes BuckView Advanced mapping and image management software for Windows. The weatherproof, olive drab green housing is compatible with a padlock and a Masterlock Python cable lock for security.
Images & Video
- Shoots 3MP images at rates up to 2 frames per second, or 720p video with sound up to 15 seconds
- Daylight images are in color, night images in infrared monochrome
- RapidFire (2 FPS), 1-10 seconds between images; 1-10 images per trigger
- Quickset Options include Trail (3 pictures), Scrape (10 seconds of video), Feeder (3 pictures with 5-second delay), and Plot: Timer (1 picture after 5 minutes)
- Mapping and image management software offers geo-location with interactive Google Maps, Hit List image tags, pattern tracking and image sharing via social media
- (Requires a Windows PC running Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista)
Mounting & Security
- Includes mounting strap
- Compatible with a padlock and a Masterlock Python cable lock