The Waves SoundGrid Rack for VENUE rack plug-in software is the heart of the company's SoundGrid software and hardware integration with the Avid VENUE | S6L mixing console. Ideal for demanding live environments, it enables front-of-house, monitor, and broadcast engineers to run SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins directly within the S6L, with tactile control from the console's surface knobs and no need for a computer host or external network switch.
The software moves plug-in processing from the VENUE engine to a SoundGrid server (available separately), allowing you to run up to 128 mono or 64 stereo SoundGrid Rack instances at 96 kHz, and with minimum system latency. You can load up to 8 SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins per instance. All standard VENUE plug-in features apply, including Config and Show modes, delay compensation, snapshot automation, and detailed tactile control of plug-in parameters.
SoundGrid Rack can be configured to work with a second SoundGrid DSP server (available separately) for redundancy with automatic failover protection against live sound system failure.
- Run SoundGrid-compatible Waves plug-ins directly within your Avid VENUE | S6L console
- Real-time audio processing for front-of-house, monitor, and broadcast applications
- Uses SoundGrid DSP server processing power for increased processing power with minimum system latency
- Run up to 128 mono or 64 stereo SoundGrid Racks within the S6L, at 96 kHz
- Load up to 8 SoundGrid-compatible Waves plug-ins per instance, each containing up to 8 plug-ins
- Follows standard operation of all plug-ins in the VENUE plug-in rack
- Tactile control surface mapping for all Waves plug-ins
- Snapshot automation for plug-in parameters
- Legacy VENUE D-Show file compatibility
- Server redundancy with automatic failover
- No external computer host or network switch necessary
Basic SoundGrid Rack for VENUE Setup
- Avid VENUE | S6L digital console system
- WSG-HD Option Card installed in the console engine
- SoundGrid DSP server handling plug-in processing (you can add a second server for redundancy)
- SoundGrid Rack for VENUE software
- SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins and bundles