Updated with an easy-to-use Arca-Swiss-compatible mounting shoe, the angled-viewing Swarovski Optik ATS-80 HD Spotting Scope provides discerning users with the power and performance they've come to expect from the brand.
This scope utilizes extra-low dispersion (ED) fluoride HD glass, which produces bright and clear views with accurate color representation. Color, clarity, resolution, and contrast are further improved through the use of the proprietary SWAROTOP, SWARODUR, and SWAROCLEAN optical coatings, which maximize light transmission while adding scratch resistance to the lenses and allowing dirt, dust, and oils to be easily cleaned off for smudge-free lenses. The large objective makes this scope ideal for making detailed observations of subjects at extreme long range, especially when coupled with the optional 20-60x zoom eyepiece. Front threads on the objective lens housing accept filters such as neutral density (ND) or polarizers to be installed to enhance views—this is especially useful when digiscoping with the ATS.
This updated version of the ATS-80 comes with a variety of mounting options to make it compatible with a wide range of tripods and other support systems. The mounting shoe is now Arca-Swiss compatible, so it will fit directly into Arca-Swiss heads without the need for quick release plates. If the user's head is not an Arca-Swiss type, the shoe has a dual 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded socket that will make it fit onto most standard photo/video/field tripods, heads, and quick release plates. The scope body is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy that is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging. A large slip-resistant collar enables precise focusing even in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves.
- Body only—eyepiece required for proper use; optional 25-50x and 20-60x eyepieces available
- 80mm objective lens draws in the large amounts of light required to ensure bright and clear views in challenging light conditions
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) fluoride HD lenses minimize color fringing and other chromatic aberrations to produce crisp and sharp high-resolution views
- SWAROTOP and SWARODUR multi-coatings limit reflection and enhance light transmission across the entire visible spectrum to ensure bright views with accurate color fidelity, with increased contrast and clarity
- SWAROCLEAN exterior lens coatings offer scratch resistance while allowing dirt, dust, oils, and sap to be easily cleaned off without leaving residue to ensure clear and smudge-free views
Use and Handling
- Proprietary bayonet eyepiece mount makes a fast, easy, and secure connection to body
- Eyepiece holder is set at a 45° angle to scope body to place user's head in a comfortable viewing position when standing, sitting, or lying prone
- Large slip-resistant focusing collar is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Extendable sunshade prevents glare to preserve image brightness and contrast while eliminating lens flare that can spook game
- Rotating mounting collar allows precise eyepiece orientation in any viewing position
- Arca-Swiss-compatible mounting shoe enables direct connection to Arca-Swiss heads—does not require a quick release plate
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded socket makes it compatible with most photo/video/field tripods and non-Arca-Swiss heads and quick release plates
- Front M82x0.75 objective lens threads for view-enhancing filters such as neutral density (ND) and polarizing
- Lightweight and durable aluminum chassis
- Removable sighting aid for quick target pickup
- Nitrogen filled to be watertight and submersible to 13 feet, dustproof, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental changes
- Slip-resistant protective rubber armoring provides secure handling during setup and breakdown even in cold and wet weather
- Broad -13 to 131°F operating temperature range