Designed for live PAs, monitor wedges, or studio monitors, the Waves TRACT System works in conjunction with Smaart systems to calibrate and tune your listening systems. TRACT stands for Time and Response Auto-Correction Tool. It works by receiving the data recorded by Smaart systems and using it to make room-specific adjustments in both the frequency and time domains. These adjustments help make your monitors as close to neutral as possible, taking into account your sonic environment as they do so. The result is a more neutral starting place to mix from: No longer will you be fighting the room in your FOH or studio mixes.
You can use TRACT to equalize a full system in the studio or on the stage, and you can also use TRACT for other purposes, such as time-aligning your front fills with your main speakers, or time-aligning your subs to your mains. In the live world, TRACT works in the eMotion LV1 platform, as well as most live consoles. In the studio realm, TRACT works in all major DAWs.
The software offers minimal phase FIR curves for low-latency operation and linear-phase components for low phase distortions. It also sports functional time savers such as the ability to capture and merge eight snapshots of measured response signals, the ability to customize curves by ear, and more. It is both Mac and Windows compatible, though it requires the Smaart v8 or the Smaart DI v2 for accurate measurement analysis. Without Smaart, TRACT can be used as an eight-band equalizer.
- Auto-correction EQ and time alignment for quickly tuning any sound system
- Integrates with Smaart v8 and Smaart Di v2 for accurate measurement analysis
- Can be used live or in the studio
- Runs within MultiRack, eMotion LV1, or any major DAW
- Includes minimal-phase FIR and linear-phase FIR components
- Create a corrective FIR EQ curve to balance your system’s EQ
- Capture and merge up to 8 snapshots of measured response signals
- 8 bands of industry-standard IIR filters
- Create custom reference curves
- Calculate and add delay to time-align a sound system
- Sub zoom allows a closer look at the low frequencies while phase-aligning subs
- Can be used without Smaart as a high-quality 8-band equalizer