The silver Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus combines a digital-to-analog converter, preamplifier, and headphone amplifier to offer high-fidelity playback for digital audio signals from your computer, TV, and other devices. It employs twin Wolfson WM8740 24-bit chips used in a dual-differential configuration, as well as proprietary ATF2 24-bit / 384 kHz upsampling technology to deliver a natural sound with low jitter and enhanced stereo imaging, to help you enjoy the most out of your sound system and headphones.
The DacMagic Plus is equipped with two digital inputs both with a choice of S/PDIF co-axial and TOSLINK optical connectors, and a USB audio input to stream music from a Windows or Mac computer. Analog outputs to your power amp or powered speakers include two balanced XLR connectors and a pair of gold-plated RCA phono connectors. For recording applications, the two SPDIF co-axial and TOSLINK optical digital outputs pass through the selected digital source with no upsampling performed.
The unit features an external USB input for a BT100 Bluetooth receiver (available separately), which allows audio to be streamed and upsampled from any paired Bluetooth device. The DacMagic Plus ships with a USB cable, power adapter, US/UK/EU power plugs, four rubber feet, and a vertical rubber stand.
- Accepts digital audio signals from your computer, TV, and other devices
- Supports digital music in all formats
- Twin Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs used in a dual-differential configuration to enhance stereo imaging
- Proprietary ATF2 24-bit / 384 kHz upsampling technology reduces digital jitter
- Two 24-bit digital inputs—choice of SPDIF co-axial or TOSLINK optical for each
- USB audio input—compatible with Mac and Windows computers
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA audio outputs
- Digital output passes through the selected digital source for recording purposes—no upsampling performed
- Selectable digital filters—linear phase, minimum phase, and steep
- Digital Preamp mode—output level at the unbalanced and balanced audio outputs is controlled by the front-panel volume knob
- Disable Digital Preamp mode for fixed line-level output at the unbalanced and balanced audio outputs
- 24-bit / 96 kHz driverless USB Audio 1.0
- 24-bit / 192 kHz USB Audio 2.0 with ASIO or kernel streaming modes
- External USB input for BT100 Bluetooth receiver (available separately)—allows audio to be streamed and upsampled from any paired Bluetooth device
- Supports high quality aptX Bluetooth codec as well as standard SBC Bluetooth codec