The 62mm Graduated Neutral Density Attenuator/Blender 1.2 Filter from Tiffen is densest at one edge where it corresponds to a reduction of light entering a lens by 4 stops and tapers to clear at the other edge. Its gradation can be used to selectively darken an image from edge to edge, allowing for wider apertures or reduced shutter speeds. While this graduated attenuator/blender's 1.2 density can be applied to bright skies, the remaining regions of the image are exposed with a progressively decreasing effect.
This filter is constructed using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Densest at one edge where it corresponds to a reduction of light entering the lens by 4 stops and tapering to clear at the other edge
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while the remaining regions of the image are exposed with a progressively decreasing effect
- Maximum 1.2 density corresponds to a 16x filter factor and 4-stop exposure reduction
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring assembly for durability while remaining lightweight
- Rotatable filter ring assembly allows for gradation positioning along the horizon line
- 62mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport