The 8-voice Moog One is a 3-part multitimbral polyphonic analog synthesizer designed for musicians, sound designers, and performers working in the studio and on stage. As the first polyphonic analog synthesizer in over three decades from Moog, the One inspires the imagination, unlocks your creativity, and explores a vast realm of sonic potential.
With its powerful synthesizer architecture, the Moog One can be configured as three independently addressable analog polysynths, allowing the voices to be easily assigned, split, layered, or stacked with up to 24 oscillators in unison mode. Each voice offers three triangle-core oscillators, two independent analog filters, a dual-source analog noise generator, an analog mixer, four LFOs, and three envelopes. Additionally, each synth engine is equipped with a fully featured step sequencer, arpeggiator, and effects processor.
Each of the three VCOs offers a mix of selectable triangle/sawtooth waveforms, as well as variable-width pulse waves. The rise/fall time of the triangle wave and the reset phase of the sawtooth wave can be shaped and modulated to create to a rich palette of classic analog tones. Blending the tri/saw and pulse waves together opens new dimensions of harmonic freedom, creating complex waveforms not typically found in analog synthesizers. Additional features include hard sync, analog ring mod, and FM.
Filter one is a state-variable multimode filter offering precision and articulation, while filter two is a classic Moog ladder filter with selectable high/low pass behavior. The filters can be run in series or parallel to provide access to a vibrant spectrum of classic, obscure, and completely new sounds.
The four, wide-range LFOs can be assigned to nearly any destination and include the ability to sync to MIDI with clock divisions. You can also adjust start delay times, number of repeats per instance, fade in/out times, and more. Each of the three DAHDSR (Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release) envelope generators are assignable and offers advanced controls with looping, synchronization, and time scaling capabilities, allowing for the character of each envelope to be user-sculpted with per-stage envelope curves.
The Moog One utilizes a professional-quality 61-note Fatar TP-8S keyboard with velocity and aftertouch to ensure a dynamic and expressive playing experience. Milled aluminum pitch and mod wheels, as well as a pressure-sensitive X/Y pad provide an even deeper means of emotive and continuously variable control. The Moog One can store and recall tens-of-thousands of presets that are easily categorized, edited, noted, and shared via USB drive. Up to 64 presets can be loaded into the "Performance Set" module, where they are easily recalled from the font panel.
The enclosure is hand-crafted from ash-wood and features an aluminum panel that is populated by 73 knobs and 144 buttons. For connectivity, the instrument provides two 1/4" headphone outputs, two pairs of assignable 1/4" outputs, and two inputs for line and mic/line sources. Additionally, there are four 1/4" hardware inserts, as well as nine CV/Gate inputs/outputs for connecting with external processors and modular synthesizers. MIDI communication is handled through standard 5-pin DIN connectors, as well as USB MIDI control. Sustain and expression pedal inputs are also on board.
The built-in digital effects are programmable per synth or available on the master bus. Effect types include chorus, delay, bit reduction, and vocoding. Additionally, a suite of Eventide reverbs is included featuring Blackhole, Shimmer, Plate, Room, and Hall algorithms. The instrument retains a 100% analog signal path with no in-line conversion when insert effects are off. The Moog One includes a power adapter.
- 8 voice polyphony
- Three VCOs per voice with waveshape mixing and OLED displays
- Unison Mode (up to 24 oscillators)
- Two filters per voice with filter mixing (2 x multimode state variable filters that function as a single filter, and a classic low pass / high pass Moog ladder filter)
- Three DAHDSR envelopes per voice with user-definable curves
- 3-part multitimbral
- Sequencer and arpeggiator per timbre
- Chord memory
- Dual-source noise generator with dedicated envelope
- Mixer with external audio input
- Ring modulation with selectable routing
- Oscillator FM and Hard Sync with selectable routing
- Four assignable LFOs
- Professional-quality 61-note Fatar TP-8S with velocity and aftertouch
- Assignable pressure-sensing X/Y pad
- Digital effects on synth and master bus—chorus, delay, bit reduction, vocoding
- Eventide reverbs
- Selectable glide types
- USB and DIN MIDI
- Save, categorize, and recall tens of thousands of presets
- Create performance sets to make up to 64 presets accessible at the push of a button
- Nine assignable CV/GATE I/O (5 x in / 4 x out)
- USB drive support for system and preset backup
- LAN port for future expansion