Compact and lightweight with elegant black leather details and trim that give it a classic and refined style to match its superior optical performance, the Leica 8x20 Ultravid Blackline Binoculars deliver the views users have come to expect from the brand, with an easy to use and convenient to carry form factor.
They are designed with a combination of phase-corrected BAK4 roof prisms, the proprietary HighLux system, and HDC fully multicoated optics to produce bright and clear color-neutral images, while fitting comfortably in the hand for long, fatigue-free glassing sessions. The HDC coatings add abrasion resistance to protect the exterior lens surfaces, and the lenses are also treated with AquaDura coatings which make it easy to clean dirt, grime, oils, sap, and fingerprints without leaving residues that can interfere with views.
Designed to easily fit in a pocket, pack, or purse, the binoculars are made with a dual-hinge system that allows the optical tubes to fold and tuck under the closed bridge to ensure the smallest form factor when fully closed. This also provides a wide interpupillary distance adjustment for easier use by those with narrow faces—like children and adolescents. Helping to reduce the weight to a mere 8.1 ounces is an aluminum alloy chassis that is finished in black rubber armoring with black leather details that give it a refined look, and that feels comfortable in the hand.
Light, compact, and easy to use while delivering bright and clear images, the Ultravid is made to be your constant companion on the trail, at the stadium, or sightseeing around the world.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies views while preserving a generous field of view
- Compact 20mm objective lenses ensure slim optical tubes to maintain a compact form
- BAK4 roof prisms deliver a round exit pupil, and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- P40 phase-correcting prism coating increases light transmission while improving contrast and clarity
- HDC fully multicoated system has abrasion-resistant and anti-reflection properties to protect exterior lens surfaces, and improve light transmission and contrast
- HighLux-System (HLS) maximizes light throughput to improve color rendition and contrast
- Hydrophobic AquaDura coating on external optical surfaces allows dirt, dust, and fingerprints to be removed easily
- Close 6' minimum focus distance enables detailed observations of bugs, birds, flowers, fauna, and flora at close distances
- 341-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge/dual-hinge configuration provides a sturdy platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Textured long, yet low-profile, center focusing wheel helps to maintain an overall compact form while still being easy to manipulate
- Wide 34-74mm interpupillary distance range accommodates use by a wide variety of users—especially those with narrow faces like children and adolescents
- ±3.5 right-eye dioptric correction allows user to compensate for optical prescription
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 15mm eye relief makes long-duration glassing sessions more comfortable with reduced eye strain
- 2.5mm exit pupil
- Dual-hinge design allows optical tubes to fold under the bridge for an ultra-compact form factor when closed, to take up less space in packs and pockets
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy chassis
- Subdued black finish with leather accents on the optical tubes and bridge present an elevated aesthetic while providing a slip-resistant grip
- O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to a depth of 16.5 feet
- Compact 4.4 x 3.7" form factor is easy to pack and carry
- Light 8.1-ounce weight
- Made in Germany