The Korg KR-55 Pro is a multi-function rhythm generator, recorder, and player that harnesses the power of Korg's "Real Groove Technology" to create high-quality drum tracks for singer/songwriters and duos. It provides a variety of input jacks, mixer functionality, effects, and equalization, as well as a versatile multi-track recorder that can record/play to/from an SD card. With an intuitive interface, the KR-55 Pro is easy to program and can be controlled by an optional foot pedal for real-time control. The unit is completely mobile and can be powered by the included 9 VDC adapter or batteries (6 x AA) making it a versatile piece great for anything from desktop recording to street performances, and useful in a variety of situations including live events in small spaces.
There are 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using Korg’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology.” Each rhythm style provides two variations, each with a a basic pattern and two fill-ins. By chaining patterns together, a rhythm structure for an entire song can be achieved and played back automatically or manually.
The mixer section includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo auxiliary input, allowing for multi-channel mixing with an on-board, high-quality reverb. The onboard SD recorder allows you to play along with a rhythm style and record the combined results. What's more, multi-track recording capabilities allow for the production of more sophisticated tracks.
The KR-55 Pro also features a variety of utility features including a built-in tuner with a large display for good visibility in low-light conditions. You can also tune while listening to a guitar, bass, or piano guide tone, and the convenient onboard metronome assists in practicing. The unit features "Acoustage" proprietary virtual surround technology that generates a wide stereo effect that appears to originate from locations that are broadly separated between left and right.
- 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using Korg’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology”
- Each rhythm style includes two variations with three patterns: basic, fill-in 1, and fill-in 2
- Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically
- A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing multi-channel mixing
- A high-quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound
- You can perform along with a rhythm style and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card
- Multi-track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks
- The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility, and you can also tune while hearing a guide tone
- Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound
- The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use
- A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot