A part of their Waza Craft series, the BOSS DC-2W combines two classic Roland Dimension effects in a single pedal, one suitably sized for your pedalboard. Similar to a chorus effect, the DC-2W provides time-based manipulation that adds dimension to your sound, subtly enhancing both width and depth.
The pedal offers two modes: Standard, which gives you the sound of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal, and SDD-320 mode, which authentically reproduces the sound of a vintage Roland unit heard on many hit records. The interface is rather simple and intuitive: four different selectors switch among presets. Press two selectors at once to unlock even more presets. Between the two modes, you can get 20 different sounds out of the pedal.
Although the tone is authentically vintage, some welcome concessions to modernity have been made, including an internal bypass circuit that's buffered to bolster tone throughout long cable runs. You'll also note the clear indicators for each mode, which provide visibility on dark stages.
This pedal is primarily designed for electric guitarists, but can also be used by bass players, keyboardists, or studio engineers as part of an outboard gear setup. Stereo 1/4" I/O makes this latter use particularly attractive.
Key Features at a Glance
- All-analog audio circuitry
- Standard mode provides the sound of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal
- SDD-320 mode authentically reproduces the vintage Roland SDD-320 Dimension D, a studio rack effect heard on many hit records
- 4-button preset interface with electronic switches and LED status indicators
- 4 main sounds in each mode plus six variations accessed by pressing two buttons together (20 total sounds available)
- Buffer bypass circuitry
- Mono or stereo I/O for integrating with mono or stereo applications, from guitar and bass pedalboards to keyboards and studio mixing
- Made in Japan