Vortex Optics designed and built the 4-16x44 Diamondback Tactical Riflescope to meet the needs of tactical professionals, but with easy usability for hunters. Its low-to-moderate zoom range makes it ideal for mid-range use, with the ability to reach out to longer ranges if needed. This model has a 44mm objective, which gives it better light-gathering ability compared with the smaller models but without the bulk and weight of the larger long-range 50mm versions. Extra-low dispersion XD glass and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optical surfaces complement the magnification range and objective by transmitting bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color and improved edge-to-edge contrast and resolution.
The scope is based on the MRAD scale, with exposed tactical finger-adjustable turrets for fast impact point correction in the field. Windage and elevation adjustments are made at 0.1 MRAD per click with 6 MRAD travel per rotation and a broad 25 MRAD range available. The tactical EBR-2C reticle, placed on the first focal plane, maintains its subtensions at all magnifications to make corrections without having to touch the turrets or to estimate the range to and size of your targets. The scope is parallax free to 20 yards, with a side adjustment correction turret for distances from 20 yards to infinity.
Its sturdy 30mm one-piece maintube provides a solid platform for the internal mechanisms and is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy that has been treated with a scratch-resistant low-reflectivity matte black anodized finish. To withstand the rigors of heavy outdoor use in all weather conditions, the optical tube is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging.
- Low-to-moderate 4-16x magnification range is ideal for mid-range use
- 44mm objective lens boosts low-light performance while ensuring views remain sharp and clear when the magnification is set high
- XD extra-low dispersion glass reduces color distortions to show accurate colors with improved contrast and resolution, especially at the edges
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission through the optical path to increase brightness and clarity and further improve contrast
- Precision-Glide Erector System ensures a smooth zoom through the entire range even in extreme conditions
- 26.9-foot field of view at 4x, 6.7-foot at 16x
EBR-2C MRAD Reticle Details
- MRAD-based subtensions with matching turret adjustments
- Reticle etched on glass for durability and longevity
- Reticle placed on the first focal plane to keep subtensions accurate at all magnifications and in proportion relative to view
- Tactical crosshair design has extra-long fine center hairs that won't obstruct targets
- Hash and stadia lines on all axes aid in holdover/under and ballistic drop compensation, as well as estimated range to and size of targets
- Windage reference dots and drop lines on the lower half of the reticle improve shot accuracy without having to touch turrets for faster shot correction
Use and Handling
- Large slip-resistant zoom collar
- Exposed tall tactical turrets provide instant access to adjustments for fast impact point correction in rough terrain or windy conditions
- Zero Reset turret design allows you to reindex the turrets back to zero after zeroing the scope to a rifle for easy resetting after making impact point corrections in the field
- Precise 0.1 MRAD per click impact point correction gets shot on-target faster
- Broad 25 MRAD windage and elevation adjustment range, with 6 MRAD travel per turret rotation
- Side parallax adjustment turret allows the correct focusing of the target so it falls on the same optical plane as the reticle to improve accuracy; parallax adjustment from 20 yards to infinity
- One-piece 30mm maintube provides a solid platform for the internal zoom, focusing, and adjustment mechanisms, while helping the broad windage/elevation range
- Lightweight and durable aluminum housing
- Corrosion-resistant low-glare hard anodized finish
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions
- Length: 14"
- Weight: 23 ounces