The stainless steel Earthworks IML6-SS is a high-definition 6" gooseneck mic designed to be mounted to a desk or tabletop for permanent installation in meeting rooms, educational settings, event spaces, and government facilities. Tailored for speech, the mic offers a wide frequency response and captures highs up to 30 kHz—providing additional clarity and intelligibility for conferences, panels, lectures, discussions, and more.
The IML6-SS requires 24 to 48V phantom power for operation and is designed with a small head and flexible mini-gooseneck that allows it to be precisely positioned after installation. This model features a touch sensor with a programmable dual-color LED light ring that is powered from an external power source supplying 7 to 28 VDC to an RJ45 connector.
The mic is engineered with a forgiving cardioid polar pattern that concentrates pick up in front of the capsule and rejects sound from the rear. This unusually wide cardioid pattern also picks up more sound from the sides than traditional cardioid mics and offers a very consistent frequency frequency response—even up to a full 90° off the center axis. This means you can use fewer microphones while obtaining higher intelligibility and more gain before feedback problems occur.
A foam windscreen to reduce breath noise along with a lock nut and washer are included for installation.
High-Performance Installation Mic for Clear, Intelligible Speech
- Optimized for speech, IML microphones feature a frequency response up to 30 kHz for outstanding speech intelligibility and articulation. This means less straining to understand the words being spoken due to poor audio quality, so more time can be spent understanding the message being transmitted.
- Whether speaking directly on-axis or to the sides of the microphone, the IML microphone always reproduces the speaker’s voice with incredible clarity and intelligibility. This wider coverage also means that fewer Earthworks microphones are required to properly cover a conference room, cutting down on the number of channels of DSP, cables, and other ancillary equipment required for the system.
- Compatible with all DSP systems that provide 24 to 48V phantom power, the mics can easily integrate into existing system designs or new installations.
Low-Profile Appearance with Touch-Sensitive Light Ring
- Designed with aesthetics in mind, the IML microphones feature a slim 0.375“ (9.5mm) gooseneck that allows for precise positioning of the microphone for optimal coverage.
- The microphone flange measures just over 1.6 inches (40.5mm) wide and 0.35 inches (8.8mm) tall, mounting flush into the tabletop for a low-profile appearance.
- The mic is engineered to offer RF shielding to resist against interference from cell phones and other RF devices.
- The dual-color (red and green) LumiComm light ring with touch-sensor output allow integrators to program the microphone’s function and LED color, such as assigning a red LED color to indicate the mic is muted.
- The light ring is powered by 8 to 28 VDC and connected via an RJ45 connector.