The Benro 100 x 150mm MasterH Series Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 Filter is compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters. It helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is able to filter the sky while minimizing its effect on the land. It is particularly useful where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and this filter provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
Benro MasterH Series filters are constructed from shock-resistant Schott B270 glass. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, while further enhancing clarity and color fidelity, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The nano coating associated with Benro MasterH Series filters provides an additional 13th layer over each side of this filter, resulting in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
A plastic case with a padded pouch are included for storage and transport.
- Compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provides up to a 3-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Shock-resistant Schott B270 glass construction
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Nano coating provides an improved beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning
- Plastic case with padded pouch for storage and transport