The PSM 900 Wireless Personal Monitor System from Shure is a professional-quality wireless monitoring system that provides high-quality audio and RF performance in a compact and durable design. The kit includes a P9T half-rack transmitter, a P9RA+ bodypack receiver, and a pair of SE425-CL clear in-ear monitors.
The system features an operating distance of 300' and a tuning bandwidth of 36 to 46 MHz. The digital stereo encoder offers audio detail and clarity and a patented Audio Reference Companding that sounds more like wired audio than other competing wireless systems. A rackmount kit is included along with a power supply.
Shure P9RA+ Wireless Bodypack Receiver for PSM 900 In-Ear Personal Monitoring System (G6: 470 to 506 MHz)
The P9RA+ Wireless Bodypack Receiver from Shure is an updated version of the P9RA low profile, diversity stereo bodypack receiver for the PSM 900 wireless personal monitor system (sold separately). The receiver has a slim and compact extruded aluminum construction for easy placement on a performer. It offers improvements like more headroom, better stereo separation, and higher fidelity for robust RF performance and a cleaner, stronger signal with fewer dropouts and artifacts. With touring-grade features like full-bandwidth RF scanning, front-end RF filtering, and automatic RF gain control, the P9RA+ meets the needs of professional audio application of all sizes, including IEM and IFB applications.
The receiver syncs easily to a P10T transmitter over an IR link using the built-in Scan and Sync function. Volume and balance controls are provided for easy customization. A selectable 4-band parametric EQ is also provided. Shure's CueMode allows you to monitor different stage mixes, as well as store up to 20 different channels on a single bodypack. The receiver also includes audio and RF status LEDs, as well as audio level and battery life metering. The P9RA+ operates on a pair of standard AA batteries for 4-6 hours of continuous use, and it can also be used with Shure Li-ion rechargeable batteries for extended life. The P9RA+ has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and is compatible with all Shure SCL sound-isolating earphones, which are designed specifically for use with PSM systems.
- Improved audio quality (without changing sound signature)
- Improved RF performance and reliability
- Improved battery life with alkaline AA batteries (thanks to new headphone amp technology)
- Updated firmware with new features and workflow improvements
- Improved Volume Limiter function (selectable ranges of limiting increased)
- 4-band parametric EQ added
- Power-Save Mode added (similar to feature on PSM 300 Series packs)
Unparalled Audio Quality
- Bodypack receivers with advanced digital signal processing technology deliver more headroom, improved stereo separation, and higher audio fidelity
Robust RF Performance
- P9RA+ bodypack receivers offer enhanced signal reception and range
- Precision front-end RF filtering significantly reduces RF interference for a cleaner, stronger RF signal, fewer dropouts, and fewer audible artifacts
Setup and Operation Features
- CueMode allows monitoring of different stage mixes and storing of up to 20 separate channels on one bodypack for quick and easy reference
- Scan and Sync scans the RF environment with the bodypack and assigns an identified group and channel to your system over wireless IR link
- MixMode technology combines two separate audio channels for simultaneous listening in both ears, or can transmit two independent IFB program feeds
- Four-band parametric EQ gives you the choice to adjust frequencies for a fully customized sound
- Input EQ Presets give you the option to further tailor your sound, including the option to make the P9RA+ sound like the P9RA with a designated Match setting
- The SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery provides extended usage times and precise tracking of remaining life and charge-cycle details
- The SCB800-US eight-bay charger brings up to eight SB900 batteries to full charge within two hours and has charge status LEDs for each battery
- The SBC200 dual-docking charger works with SB900A, P9RA+, P10R+, QLX-D Digital Wireless Systems, and ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems, available with and without power supply
- The SBC220 networked dual-docking charger works with SB900A, PSM 900 (P9RA+ only), PSM 1000 (P10R+ only), QLX-D Digital Wireless Systems, ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems, and Axient Digital (AD1 and AD2 only), available with and without a power supply. When the SBC220 is connected to a network, battery information for each transmitter can be viewed remotely
Shure P9T Wireless Transmitter for PSM 900 In-Ear Personal Monitoring System (G6: 470 to 506 MHz)
The P9T from Shure is a compact wireless transmitter that can be used in conjunction with a P9R bodypack receiver as part of a PSM 900 wireless personal monitoring system. The transmitter's half-rack design makes it easy to transport, and it can be installed in any standard equipment rack.
The transmitter features patent-pending Cue Mode technology to send multiple mixes or channels to a receiver, and a Scan and Sync function to quickly sync with a receiver over an IR link. An RF mute switch allows you to set up the system without causing RF interference. The front panel offers an input gain control and LED level meters, as well as a 3.5mm headphone jack for convenient monitoring and a backlit LCD that displays vital info.
The rear panel offers XLR/TRS combo inputs, allowing it to accept a variety of audio sources. Loop out connectors make it easy to create multiple mix setups. The transmitter is compatible with the PA421SWB and PA821SWB antenna combiners and offers front or back mountable antennas.
Shure SE425 Sound Isolating In-Ear Stereo Headphones (Clear)
The SE425 in-ear headphones from Shure provide top-quality audio in a sleek, compact, noise-isolating design that's ideal for use at home or on-the-road. Based on Shure's experience with professional in-ear monitors, each of the earpieces has dual high-definition MicroDrivers, in essence putting a separate woofer and tweeter into each ear for rich, detailed audio across the full frequency spectrum. The ergonomic, professional design has a low-profile shape with an optimized nozzle angle for exceptional comfort.
The included fit kit contains multiple sizes of ear sleeves, allowing you to find the perfect size for your ear and effectively reduce ambient noise by as much as 37dB so you can focus on your music. The detachable Kevlar-reinforced cable connects to the earpieces using gold-plated MMCX connectors to lock in place but also provide a 360° rotation. This rotation, along with the formable wire, allows you to direct the cable over and behind the ears to minimize snags and tangles. The other end of the cable has a 3.5mm mini plug and a 1/4" adapter for wide compatibility with consumer and professional audio devices. A compact and durable case is included for storage and transportation.