Available for download, Waves Abbey Road Chambers was developed together with the world-renowned Abbey Road Studios to give you the sound of their S.T.E.E.D. (Send Tape Echo Echo Delay) tape delay and echo-chamber setup. The plug-in is a combination of delay and reverb, faithfully modeling the sound of Abbey Road's tape recorders, tape delay, feedback loop, and echo chamber. Additionally, multiple speakers and microphones have been emulated, all of which are moveable within the virtual chamber.
S.T.E.E.D. stands for Send Tape Echo Echo Delay, a process developed at Abbey Road that utilizes a tape delay and a feedback loop to create a reverb effect, one that stretches beyond the physical limitations of the original echo chamber, and thus, sounds larger. It's a classic sound often employed by the Beatles.
The effect is quite tweakable. Within the S.T.E.E.D. section, you can adjust filters, feedback level, and the amount of drive and modulation. Additional filters can shape the bass, midrange, and treble before feeding the virtual chamber. The characteristics of the chamber itself can be switched between Chamber 2, the Mirror Room, or the Stone Room.
Change the speaker orientation to face the room or the wall, which will engender different sounds. Choose one of three different microphones to further change the sound, and change their position at will.
The reverb offers mono, mono-to-stereo, and stereo operation. It's compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and can operate in AU, VST, and AAX formats.
- Created in collaboration with Abbey Road Studios
- Accurate modeling of Abbey Road’s Studio Two echo chamber
- Natural chamber reverb, authentic tape delay, and hybrid effects
- Dedicated EMI RS106 and EMI RS127 EQs to further sculpt the chamber effect
- Additional spaces including Abbey Road’s Mirror Room and Olympic Studios’ Stone Room
- Choose classic or modern speakers, including Abbey Road's original Altec 605
- Choose vintage or modern microphones, including Abbey Road’s original Neumann KM53
- Variable mic and speaker positions
- Artist presets by Dave Pensado, Jacquire King, Guy Massey, and others