Ultra-compact and rich with features, the Fenix E18R EDC Rechargeable Flashlight is a solid choice for an everyday carry torch. It may be tiny, but it's as powerful as many full-size flashlights, with a maximum output of 750 lumens. The E18R's included 16340 battery charges inside the light via magnetic charge cord, and it has a magnetic base that grabs any metal surface to serve as a trouble light.
A single stainless-steel side switch controls four brightness levels and a strobe. Runtimes range from 45 minutes on turbo to 70 hours on the 5-lumen low setting. In a pinch, the E18R can run on one non-rechargeable CR123A battery. The Type III anodized aluminum housing is IP68-rated waterproof and dustproof, able to withstand submersion in 6.6' of water for 30 minutes, and impact resistant to drops of 3.3'. The light automatically dims a bit if it's running too hot, and heat sink fins on the head help to further dispel heat energy from the powerful LED. It has lockout circuitry to avoid being activated while in transit, and the clip can be rotated over the switch to add another layer of protection against being accidentally turned on.
- Low: 5 lumens
- Medium: 30 lumens
- High: 150 lumens
- Turbo: 750 lumens
- One XP-L HI neutral white LED
- Location: Side
- Type: stainless steel push button
- Press for on/off, click for brightness level, press and hold for strobe
- Lockout setting prevents accidental activation
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy housing
- Scratch- and corrosion-resistant anodized finish
- IP68-rated, waterproof and dustproof, submersible to 6.6'
- Impact resistant to 3.3'
- Magnetic tailcap
- Two-way clip
- Low-voltage indicator
- Reverse polarity protection prevents damage if batteries are installed incorrectly
- Overheat protection automatically steps down output to prevent damage to circuitry
- Digitally regulated output maintains consistent beam intensity
- Runs on 16340 rechargeable or one CR123A battery for emergency