This B&H Kit includes a pair of Adam Professional Audio T5V active 2-way studio monitors, two studio monitor isolation pads, a passive monitor controller, and two balanced XLR cables. With 5" woofers, 45 Hz to 25 kHz frequency response, convenient access to level, mono, and mute controls, and upward or downward tilting, this kit is ideal for nearfield monitoring in home/project studios and editing suites.
Adam Professional Audio T5V T-Series Active Nearfield Monitor (Single)
The single, Adam Professional Audio T-Series T5V is an affordable, high-quality, near-field, active studio monitor well suited for project studios, commercial recording facilities, and broadcast environments. The speaker features Adam's U-Art 1.9" accelerated ribbon tweeter with HPS waveguide and a 5" polypropylene woofer with a rear-firing bass-reflex port. The unit is bi-amped with 50W allocated to the woofer, while 20W powers the tweeter, which combine to provide a frequency response of 45 Hz to 25 kHz and a maximum SPL of 106 dB. The rear panel offers XLR and RCA connections with controls for input sensitivity, gain, high-shelf (-2, 0, +2 dB), and low-shelf (-2, 0, +2 dB). The Adam Professional Audio T5V ships with a power cord.
- U-ART 1.9" Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter
- Allows longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Breakup is prevented by the folded diaphragms, distortions are effectively reduced to a minimum
- Advanced dynamic range due to acoustically effective diaphragm surface that is 2.5 times bigger (compared to a classic tweeter according to the piston principle)
- Air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded U-ART membrane
- Direct, fast response in the high-range even with complex transients
- HPS waveguide from the S Series
- Makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- Reduction of early reflections on the surfaces of mixing consoles, desks, and more
- Lightweight polypropylene construction of the woofer
- Excellent transient response even at high sound levels without breakup of the diaphragm
- Vertical 2-way system with 5" woofer
- High resolution of the stereo image
- Rear-firing bass reflex port
- Bass reproduction with very low compression
- Linear frequency response of 45 Hz to 25 kHz
- Unbiased reproduction in a wide frequency band
- Maximum peak sound pressure per pair in 3.3' (1 m) 106 dB
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
- DSP-powered crossover design
- Smooth frequency response without interference between the drivers in the critical midrange
- Simple room acoustic adjustments via high- and low-shelf filters
- Allows optimal adaptation to acoustically difficult listening environments or individual preferences
- Analog inputs over XLR and RCA
- Optimized for balanced and unbalanced line signals
- Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry
- Reduction of unwanted reflections on the cabinets
Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (6', Black)
The black Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (6') is designed to be an extremely quiet and flexible cable that is ideal for the most demanding live sound and performance applications. The cable is engineered to be durable and provide protection against EMI, RFI, and static noise. While the cable's color-coding affords the ability to quickly differentiate between multiple connections on stage, it provides a pleasant aesthetic quality at the same time.
Premium Performance 3000 Series cables are made from 24-AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. The 95% dual-spiral shielding makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrik XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.
Senal PMC-II Passive Monitor Controller
The PMC-II Passive Monitor Controller from Senal is for anyone using powered monitors that needs a precise and easy way to control monitor volume. Featuring XLR/TRS combo inputs as well as TRS stereo mini-jack inputs, the controller is compatible with a variety of professional and consumer audio equipment, and it can be used anywhere a separate volume controller is needed.
Designed to be inserted between powered monitors and a computer, a sound card, or an audio interface, the PMC-II adds the convenience of accurately adjusting your monitors' volume without having to access the computer or sound card's volume control. In addition, it is equipped with a 3.5mm TRS stereo mini-input jack and is compatible with any smartphone, tablet, MP3 player, or device with a stereo mini-jack output.
The PMC-II's passive design won't alter or color the sound originating from the computer or device to which it is connected. Built with a steel housing and solid wood panels, the PMC-II is an effective and dependable addition to any workstation or studio.
Precision Volume Control
Oversize Control Knob
Auray IPRS-M Stabilizing Isolation Pad for Studio Monitors (Medium, Single)
The medium IPRS-M Stabilizing Isolation Pad from Auray is a speaker decoupling system that is designed to tighten the response of your studio monitors by reducing reverberation and unwanted resonance, greatly improving your monitor speaker's performance. It is constructed of high-quality acoustic foam, a steel plate, and a thin layer of neoprene.
The IPRS-M features high-density, open-cell foam that decouples your monitor from its resting surface by absorbing the monitor's vibrations, eliminating the transmission of speaker-cabinet vibration to the surface they are resting on. In addition to its decoupling capabilities, the precision-cut steel plate prevents back to front speaker cabinet motion (recoil), by creating a surface too heavy for the monitor's recoil to move. The nonslip neoprene layer helps prevent resonance of the steel plate and keeps the monitor securely in place atop the Stabilizing Isolation Pad.
These three layers work together to prevent back-to-front speaker cabinet motion and eliminate the transmission of vibrations, resulting in a tighter and more accurate response, especially in the bottom end.