Sigma's Fully Luminous FF High Speed Prime Lenses combine the same high-quality optics and mechanics of their Global Vision still line in a cine-oriented design. This 28mm Sony E-mount prime is a wider focal length in the series, offering full-frame sensor coverage, 6-8K resolution, and a T1.5 aperture in a compact, relatively lightweight form; it is also available in Canon EF and PL mounts. What sets these lenses apart from the standard Sigma High Speed Primes is fully luminescent markings. When shooting in dim or dark environments, focus pullers and camera operators will be able to easily discern lens markings without resorting to the use of a possibly disruptive light source. A common 95mm front diameter and similar physical attributes across the lens line make it easier and quicker to mount lens accessories such as matte boxes, follow focuses, and lens control motors.
The 9-bladed iris produces pleasing out-of-focus bokeh effects and ghosting and flaring have been minimized. Color reproduction is standardized for easier color correction. Each lens in the range offers consistent lens gear positions and 180° of focus barrel rotation. The FF High-Speed Primes also feature a clickless iris with linear markings, dampeners on each gear ring for silent operation, industry-standard 0.8 module gear pitch, and engraved markings for durability.
To relieve stress on your camera's lens mount, a support foot is built into the dust- and water-resistant metal lens body. If you wish to fit your FF High-Speed Prime lens to a different camera, the Canon EF and Sony E mount versions can be converted from one to the other by an authorized Sigma service center (not available for PL mounts).
- High image performance covering full frame sensors; suitable for 8K capture
- Fast T1.5 maximum aperture aids in shooting with low light levels
- Fully luminescent markings reduce the need for a camera work-light
- Compact, dust- and water-resistant design with a common front diameter of 95mm across the line
- Canon EF and Sony E mounts may be swapped at an authorized Sigma service center (not available for PL mount versions)