In The Elements of Photography: Understanding and Creating Sophisticated Images, 2nd Edition from Rocky Nook, author and educator Angela Faris Belt presents a new kind of textbook for a new generation of photographers. Moving beyond the technical aspects of cameras and equipment, Angela Faris Belt shows you how to merge technique and vision, allowing you to improve your craft while adding meaning and artistry to your photographs. In this comprehensive and thorough book, you'll learn how to see photographically, expand your creative and conceptual use of aperture and shutter speeds, and choose the right media to create the aesthetic you want.
Drawing from her background as an educator, Angela provides a wealth of information and guidance to help photographers improve their skills, learn new techniques, and expand ways of seeing. Practical exercises allow you to use the knowledge you'll gain to build a solid portfolio, and more than 300 full-color images from over 40 prestigious artists provide visual inspiration and a gorgeous collection of artwork to add to your bookshelf. Whether your passion is fine art or commercial, documentary or editorial, or you simply enjoy making pictures for yourself, The Elements of Photography will show you how to improve your photography and take your images to the next level.
2nd Edition Inclusions
- A new introductory chapter with thorough explanations and training exercises in metering and exposure
- Advice throughout the text to help you expand your personal research
- Exploration of how photography's technical attributes affect visual outcomes and the meaning of your images
- Image discussions that provide additional perspective about the chapter concepts
Table of Contents
- Framing and Borders
- Using Multiple Frames
- Focus, Apertures, and Depth of Field
- Shutter Speeds
- Time and Motion
- Image Surface
- Tint, Tone, and Texture