Available for download, Steven Slate Drums 5 from Slate Digital is a playable virtual instrument offering a multitude of acoustic drum sounds recorded to sound as authentically as possible. Use these sounds in your productions when natural drum sounds are called for.
In addition to all of its samples, Steven Slate Drums provides an easy-to-use GUI, one that gives you a lot of control over the drums. Edit velocities on a drum-by-drum basis, mix all of the levels, process the instrument however you choose, change mics for each drum, and more, all within the plug-in itself.
If you'd rather use your own plug-ins for mixing drum sounds, you can do so as the software makes routing individual drums to tracks in your DAW easy to do. Use the software with a MIDI controller or electronic drum set, mapping drums easily with Slate's MIDI Map converter.
Utilize processed or unprocessed samples in the instrument. With 77 snares, 84 kicks, 58 toms, 11 hi-hats, 14 crashes, six rides, four splash cymbals, three china cymbals, and a solitary cowbell, clap, and tambourine, you'll be able to accommodate nearly any production. Steven Slate Drums also gives you nine percussion instruments, four sound-effect instruments, and a few artist-modeled kits to get you up and running quickly.
This software is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and operates in VST, AU, and AAX formats. You must use iLok or Machine ID to operate Steven Slate Drums 5.
Key Features at a Glance
- Redesigned interface over previous versions
- Reworked routing/mapping system over previous versions
- New master volume control not available in previous versions
- SSD5 physically modeled drum playback algorithm
- Deluxe 2 Drum Library adds 50 new instruments
- 77 snares, 84 kicks, 58 toms
- 11 hi-hats, 14 crashes, 6 rides, 4 splashes, 3 china cymbals
- 9 percussion instruments (1 clap, 1 tambourine, 1 cowbell)
- 4 sound effects instruments
- Analog processed and unprocessed samples
- Artist-modeled kits
- Drumkit or Pad Cells View allows up to 32 drum instruments