Intended for gigging acoustic musicians seeking to amplify both instruments and vocals, the Loudbox Performer Bluetooth from Fishman is a two-channel combo amplifier capable of delivering 180W and 114 dB SPL. This model also facilitates wireless connectivity over Bluetooth 4.0, so you can easily add backing tracks or other kinds of accompaniments straight from compatible devices, such as iPhones.
The amplifier sports a three-way design, which utilizes an 8" woofer, a 5" midrange driver, and a 1" soft-dome tweeter with its own level control. Thanks to an integrated 10° baffle tilt, sound is directed slightly upward, making it easier to hear yourself while playing on-stage. Furthermore, a 50° built-in kickstand allows you to increase the angle of sound projection even more.
On the front panel, you'll find options for tonal sculpting, as each channel offers its own low, midrange, and treble controls, as well as an anti-feedback knob and phase switch to mitigate on-stage problems. If you're using a powered mic through one of the amplifier's combination XLR-1/4" inputs, 24V phantom power has been provided for this purpose. For practicing silently, you'll find a 1/4" headphone jack.
Turn your attention to the rear of the amplifier, and you'll see quite a few connection points. For instance, each channel boasts its own 1/4" effects loop, as well as its own pre-EQ XLR DI output for use with PAs, mixers, and recording interfaces. A footswitch input allows you to remotely mute the amplifier, or conversely, to mute Effect B, enabling you to alter your sound for different sections of a song. A mix DI output feeds a combined signal of both channels to any receptive and compatible source, and two different auxiliary inputs provide communication with devices that include either 1/4" or 3.5mm connections. You can adjust the level of this auxiliary input with a knob on the amp's front panel.
Key Features at a Glance
- Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity
- 2 mic/instrument channels with 3-band EQ and feedback controls
- Bi-amplified with passive crossover for tweeter and midrange
- Long-throw acoustic suspension woofer for clean bass
- 1/4" and 3.5mm auxiliary stereo inputs with level control
- Dual digital effects section with independent channel and effects level
- Reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, echo, and slap echo
- Balanced XLR DI outputs on each channel and main mix
- Channel mute to silence both input channels
- Headphone output
- Three-way speaker design with built-in 10° baffle angle
- Integrated, low profile kickstand for a tilt angle of 50°
- Combination 1/4" and XLR input with 10 dB pad and clip indicator
- Resonant bass and midrange with shelving-style treble control
- Feedback-fighting phase switch and notch filter
- Phantom power for condenser mics (24V)
- Reverb/delay effects level
- Chorus, flanger, and slap echo on/off