Available for download, the Arturia Synthi V emulates the classic EMS synths born out of Britain in the 1970s. It models the Synthi AKS and VCS3, some of the first hardware synths to provide modular functionality in a portable form factor. These synths were used on songs like On the Run from Pink Floyd's seminal Dark Side of the Moon. This synth fosters experimentation in your composition and sound design endeavors, giving you multiple forms of manipulation and an intrinsically fat, yet edgy tone.
Though the instrument's inherent tone and functionality have been modeled for authenticity, Arturia has given the classic synth digital enhancements to better fit modern production styles. These include a modern step sequencer, a beat-syncable LFO section, and a bevy of built-in effects. You can tweak every single parameter thanks to a matrix modulation section. Furthermore, the synth can now handle 4-voice polyphony, allowing you more complex chords.
The Synthi V will provide interesting sounds in both studio and live environments. It's compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and can operate in AU, VST, and AAX formats. The Synthi will also work as a standalone instrument.
Presets and Tags
Key Features at a Glance
- A component-level model of the EMS Synthi AKS
- 3 oscillators with waveform mix, noise generator, 18 dB/oct resonant filter, and an output section with spring reverb modeling
- Modular architecture, allowing you to route signals in unexpected ways
- Ring modulator, loopable envelope shaper, 2-axis joystick and sample-and-hold modules for advanced modulations
- Original keyboard sequencer module with sync to DAW tempo
- 2 matrix behavior modes: modern and vintage for crosstalk simulation
- 5 assignable voltage functions to create multipoint envelopes and LFOs synced to DAW tempo
- Joystick automation module for modulating parameters in a 2D space
- Matrix-pin modulation (with 4 independent groups)
- 10 effects (reverb phaser, flanger, chorus, overdrive, delay, and more)
- Up to 4 voices of polyphony
- Over 250 factory presets