This Kase 100 x 150mm Wolverine Center Graduated ND 1.2 Filter is compatible with a Kase 100mm Filter Holder or other filter holders that can accommodate 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters. It can be applied to darken the sky, specifically along the horizon during a sunrise or sunset, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image.
This filter achieves its effect with a 1.2 band of density across its center region that provides up to a 4-stop reduction in light from entering a lens. The band of density extends toward the top and bottom of the filter before tapering to clear areas that extend to the top and bottom edges of the filter.
A 1.2 band of density with clear areas directly above and below it allows the Kase 100 x 150mm Wolverine Center Graduated ND 1.2 Filter to match the positioning of the sun when it is at, or immediately above, the horizon. In such instances, the sun will appear closer to the center of an image as opposed to the upper edge, and an increase in brightness is created that is much more prominent on both sides of the sun than either above or below it. This pattern of brightness corresponds to the density pattern on the filter.
Kase Wolverine filters are constructed from tempered, optical glass for shock resistance. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, while further enhancing clarity and color fidelity, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
A padded pouch is included for storage and transport
- Compatible with a Kase 100mm Filter Holder or other filter holders that can accommodate 100mm wide, 2mm thick filters
- 4-stop band of density across filter that extends toward the top and bottom of the filter before tapering to clear areas that extend until they meet the top and bottom edges of the filter
- Creates a neutral density pattern that corresponds to the positioning of the sun when it is at, or immediately above, the horizon
- Density pattern to match the brightness pattern of the sun when it appears at or is close to the horizon as opposed to a higher angle, which creates an increase in brightness that is much more prominent on both sides of the sun than either above or below it
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Attenuates infrared light to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure times
- Tempered, optical glass construction for shock resistance
- Multicoated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Scratch-resistant, mold-resistant, and hydrophobic coatings on each glass surface protect the filter substrate and result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency
- Padded filter pouch included for storage and transport