Digitize your books, magazines, bound texts, and more with the OpticBook 3800L Scanner from Plustek. An affordable solution for all book readers, librarians, students, teachers, professors, publicists, law officers, or anyone who needs to turn their book collections, magazines and other bound materials into digital files, the OpticBook 3800L has a host of features to quickly and easily scan a wide variety of documents. Featuring a scan speed of 7 seconds per page, the scanner includes ABBYY FineReader Sprint, a one-click OCR and conversion utility that quickly turns your paper documents into various electronic formats, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and searchable PDF. This powerful software accurately reads documents in up to 183 languages while preserving the original document's layout and formatting. In addition to ABBYY, the unit also comes with BookPavilion. This software makes book scanning easy and efficient. Designed specifically for scanning books, the time it takes to digitizing a complete book or a few chapters is minimized thanks to the intuitive user interface and scanning workflow.
The scanner features a unique adjustable cover design that allows the scanner's door to be removed for extra thick books, and the automatic page rotation feature rotates scanned pages for proper orientation. With auto crop and deskew settings, pages are automatically cropped to the correct size and straightened. A LED light source provides even illumination while reducing light penetration and bleed-through, and shadow elimination technology removes book spine shadow and text distortion commonly found with scanned books.
- Shadow Elimination Element eliminates the spine shadow and text distortion associated with books scanned on flatbed scanners and copy machines
- Scans a wide variety of documents including ID cards, magazines, booklets, stapled documents, and more
- Adjustable and removable cover design means the scanner can hold and scan large and very thick books
- LED light source provides even and uniform illumination while protecting sensitive materials
- Ideal for book collectors and readers who need to digitize their books, magazines, and other bound materials for archiving or reading on tablets
- Works with TIF, JPG, PDF, and Microsoft Office file formats to ensure compatibility with thousands of scanning and imaging programs
- Comes with ABBYY FineReader Sprint that makes it easy to convert scanned documents and images into Microsoft Word, Excel, and searchable PDF file formats, preserve the original document while adding the text searching function
- BookPavilion software makes book scanning easy and efficient and minimizes the time it takes to scan a complete book or a few chapters