Get all the support you need with the Really Right Stuff Long Lens Support Package with MPR-270 Rail that also includes the CB-YS Y-support, the Multipurpose Rail End Clamp, and the B2-Duo Sliding Clamp. The clamp slides to accommodate the length of the lens whether you're attaching it from the lens foot or camera base. The Y-support is height adjustable, so the lens sits stable against the support, and the MPR-270 Rail mounts to an Arca-type-compatible head that maintains your whole camera setup.
Really Right Stuff MPR-270 Multipurpose Rail (10.6")
The 10.6" MPR-270 Multipurpose Rail from Really Right Stuff is an Arca-type accessory bar with a double-dovetail design. Therefore, you can mount different accessories to the bar, such as a double clamp for a camera or a Y-support for a telephoto lens. The 6061-T6 aluminum-constructed rail has multiple mounting sockets located on the top, bottom, and sides. This also gives you the option of mounting threaded accessories to the plate. The 1/4"-20 sockets on the sides at each end of the bar are spaced 9mm apart; the sockets on the top and bottom are alternating in size and spaced 15mm apart. 5mm increment scales are laser engraved on each dovetail to repeat a setup or to know your placement on a head. Really Right Stuff recommends not using accessories made for the CB-10, 18, and 28 plates because they are incompatible.
Really Right Stuff CB-YS Long Lens Support for Select Really Right Stuff Camera Bars
The CB-YS Long Lens Support from Really Right Stuff provides increased stability to a telephoto lens that is mounted to a separately-available Really Right Stuff Camera Bar. By connecting or adapting to the end of a Really Right Stuff Camera Bar, the CB-YS Long Lens Support is able to physically brace the front of the telephoto lens's barrel. When the telephoto lens's barrel is not directly held up by the user, the CB-YS Long Lens Support serves to eliminate the potential for vibrations to affect the front of the lens, helping to maintain image sharpness.
The CB-YS can be mounted to the front end of a camera bar via a button head screw or fastened to an Arca-type compatible clamp, where it can be quickly moved within the fastened clamp and held in place when correctly positioned against a telephoto lens.
- CB-YS Long Lens Support provides increased stability to a telephoto lens that is mounted to a separately-available Really Right Stuff Camera Bar
- Connects or adapts to the end of a Really Right Stuff Camera Bar and physically braces the front of the telephoto lens's barrel
- Helps to eliminate the potential for vibrations to affect the front of the lens and maintains image sharpness
- Compatible with Really Right Stuff CB-10 Camera Bar or Really Right Stuff CB-EC Camera Bar End Connector
- Included button head screw connects and fastens CB-YS Long Lens Support to CB-10 Camera Bar or CB-EC Camera Bar End Connector
- Button head screw may instead be used to fasten an Arca-type clamp that is tapped with a 1/4"-20 female accessory thread at its center to the end of a CB-10 Camera Bar or a CB-EC Camera Bar End Connector
- Arca-type compatible, CB-YS Long Lens Support can be quickly moved within a fastened Arca-type clamp and held in place when correctly positioned against a telephoto lens
- 5/32 hex key to tighten or loosen the included button head screw
Really Right Stuff MPR-EC Multipurpose Rail End Clamp
The black-anodized aluminum MPR-EC Multipurpose Rail End Clamp from Really Right Stuff is an Arca-type clamp that mounts in a perpendicular position at the end of a compatible MPR or MPR-Cinema Rail. The CB-YS Y support slides into the clamp and the height is adjustable to accommodate the height of a telephoto lens used on the rail. Once adjusted, the Y support locks into place via the clamp's locking knob.
Really Right Stuff B2-Duo Sliding Screw-Knob Clamp (60mm)
This B2-Duo Sliding Screw-Knob Clamp from Really Right Stuff has mounting surfaces on the top and bottom of the clamp that mount onto camera bars and rails in a parallel orientation. Lens plates and dovetail telephoto lens feet mount the same way, but a camera should utilize a camera bar to position itself in the same manner.
The main locking knob controls both clamps, and the primary clamp holds camera plates, L-brackets, lens plates, and dovetail telephoto lens feet. At the same time, the secondary clamp holds onto camera bars and multi-purpose rails. Besides the main locking knob, there are two thumb screws that also work independent from the main screw-locking knob and lock the second clamp. Having this feature also allows the clamp to move up or down on a camera bar or multi-purpose rail, which is a very useful feature for macro photography or as a nodal slider for a telephoto lens.
The B2-Duo Sliding Screw-Knob Clamp accommodates only Really Right Stuff or Wimberley camera plates, lens plates, multi-purpose rails, and camera bars, because the main locking knob controls both jaws at the same time, and the accessories have to be the same external dimensions in order to fit. The CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum dual clamp has a Type II black anodized finish. Index marks are laser-engraved on both sides of the clamp so a position can be repeated.