Whether you're a first-responder on a pre-dawn run, a police officer on a late night traffic stop, or just preparing dinner in camp—the black Princeton Tec Byte Tactical LED Headlamp lets you see what you're doing and it's so small and lightweight you'll barely know you're wearing it.
Its primary Maxbright LED outputs a low of 50 lumens and a high of 100. This Tactical version of the Byte gets an output upgrade from the standard models with the addition of a secondary low output from the red LED. A single push-button switch turns the light on and off and cycles through the two white and two red options. A lockout function makes sure you don't accidentally turn the light on. Its lightweight plastic housing is IPX4-rated to protect it against light rain or splashing water. The Byte Tactical comes in all black, and you get two AAA alkaline batteries to get you going right out of the box.
- One primary Maxbright LED outputs low 50-lumen and high 100-lumen spotlight that is optimized for a long throw
- Secondary Ultrabright red LED outputs high and low floodlight that lights a large area close to the user without affecting their night-adjusted vision
- Light head swivels up and down to adjust the light angle for precise beam placement
- Single push-button switch
- Location: Top of housing
- Lockout setting prevents accidental activation
Use and Handling
- Lightweight plastic housing
- IPX4-rated to be resistant against light rain or splashing water
- Adjustable head strap
- Light 2.3 ounce weight will not cause neck fatigue
- Runs on two included AAA alkaline batteries