Available for download, u-he Twangström is a spring reverb with a lot of tricks up its sleeve. The verb is modeled on three different reverb tanks and offers a drive section, filter stage, envelope, and comprehensive modulation matrix. Achieve rock 'n' roll sounds commensurate with the glory days, or tweak spring verbs into futuristic ideas not yet conceived.
Rather than using impulse responses, the Twangström mimics the physics of real-world reverberation in the software domain, simulating the waveform traveling through the mechanical medium of a spring. This means all aspects of the plug-in are controllable in real-time. Conveniently the software can receive MIDI CC to act more like a sound-design tool than a reverb effect.
The verb offers four different envelope modes and three sources, picking up signal from the input, output, or external sidechain. The LFO makes use of eight waveforms, which can be synced to your DAW. For even more tweakability, use the modulation matrix to affect any parameter, including shaking the simulated reverb tank, which creates a shock of sound.
This software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. It's compatible with AU, VST, AAX and NKS format.
- Shakeable springs
- 3 different reverberation tanks, inspired by popular rock 'n' roll guitar and instrument amps
- Drive and tone stage for coloring the sound
- Multimode filter with variable type blend
- Envelope stage picks up signal from either input, output, or external sidechain
- Syncable LFO module with 8 different and waveforms, variable time-base
- Comprehensive modulation matrix, for real-time control of parameters
- Independent input and feedback routing options allow all possible stereo or mono combinations
- 76 factory presets
- UI resizable from 70 to 200%
- Custom remote control via MIDI CC, 14-bit resolution option