The Sony UTX-B40 is a wireless bodypack transmitter compatible with the URX-P40 camera-mount receiver. Compact and lightweight, with a robust, all-metal construction, this bodypack is well suited for tough operating conditions, while remaining comfortable for the talent to wear. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with a selectable 5/30mW RF power output and a transmission range up to 330'.
The UTX-B40 comes with an ECM-V1BMP omnidirectional lavalier microphone optimized for speech. The transmitter has a locking, 3.5mm BMP-type microphone input connector with an adjustable input level to accommodate other compatible lavalier or headset microphones of your choice. The transmitter offers a 72 MHz bandwidth with 2772 selectable UHF frequencies.
The UTX-B40 is backward-compatible with Sony WL-800 and UWP Series systems.
The ECM-V1BMP lavalier mic is optimized for capturing clear and intelligible speech. This omnidirectional mic picks up sound from every direction, allowing for a variety of placement options and freedom of movement.
Unlike purely digital systems, the UTX-B40 allows you to send a single mic to multiple cameras for broadcast applications. Fast NFC communication makes setup for multiple receivers a breeze.
The +15 dB Gain Volume-Boost mode boosts the mic gain by 15 dB to compensate for situations when the mic is not close enough to the presenter’s mouth and the audio level is insufficient.
Manual input-level setting is also available.
The unit can also be powered through its USB port, allowing it to run for numerous hours on a USB power pack or indefinitely, if you have access to AC.
A battery count-up timer allows for accurate reading of battery running time to minute accuracy.
- Switchable Mic/Line input level so you can set the correct gain level for your sound source.
- Low-cut filter reduces noise caused by wind or machinery—Off / Low (100 Hz) / Mid (150 Hz) / High (200 Hz).
- Simple menus make navigation easy. Advanced menus for in-depth control are also available.
- The variable mute button on the transmitter can be programmed for latched or momentary muting. It can also be used as a momentary talk button.
- You can operate up to 16 mics in one location.