Take your production to another level with this Slingshot 3-Axis Cable Cam Indie Kit motion control suspension system from Syrp. The kit includes a Slingshot motion control system, a Genie Mini II panning motion control system, a Genie Mini II panning motion control system, 82' ropes for the Slingshot and Genie, a pan and tilt bracket, and a sync cable for the Genie Mini II. Read more below about the items in this kit.
The Syrp Slingshot is designed to take motion control capture to the next level. Whereas motion control is normally limited to the length of your slider, the Slingshot allows you to achieve motion control for distances up to 328 ft. Moreover, it can be used high above the ground, so you can capture vast nature and city landscapes. You'll just need the motion control device itself in addition—either the Syrp Genie, Genie Mini, or multiples of these, all sold separately.
Capture high production value shots in stadiums, parks, metropolitan areas, and pretty much anywhere else. Simply secure one mounting bar to a tree, light post, or something similar, and likewise fix the second bar a distance away. Install the included ropes between the two bars and then just place the Slingshot on top on its wheels. This could be done as low as near ground level or way up in the air. Everything, including the bars, sets up in just minutes, as all the components are designed to secure by a quick release ratchet mechanism. Even securing the bars to a tree or post requires no special effort.
The optional Genie attaches on top of the Slingshot, and your camera goes on the bottom via a ball head (not included). The Genie provides tracking movement and allows you to capture real-time footage as well as time-lapse video. It's the Genie that's capable of operating at a max distance up to 328 ft. The Slingshot comes with 82 ft ropes for the Slingshot and the Genie, but you can get optional Syrp ropes up to 328 ft for both.
You can also combine the Genie and Genie Mini together, or the Genie with two Genie Minis, to achieve up to full three-axis capture—tracking, panning, and tilting—at the same time. Furthermore, the Genies can be controlled using an iOS or Android app. When combining a Genie with two Genie Minis, a sync cable and pan/tilt bracket are also required. You may want to check out the B&H Slingshot kits that offer all these packaged together.
The Slingshot is designed to be portable. Its components quickly and easily come apart from one another and neatly pack away into a custom designed backpack with pockets for each piece.
- Capture motion-controlled footage or time-lapse video over distances up to 328 ft
- Quick release, ratchet attachment takes just minutes
- Set up from near ground level to high up in the air
- Optional Genie or Genie Mini motion control device required
- Combine optional Genie and Genie Mini for 3-axis motion control -- track, pan, tilt
- 17.5 lb payload
- Designed to be portable; pack away into a backpack with pockets for each piece
Syrp Genie II Linear
Add the Syrp Genie II Linear to your slider along with the included Genie rope, and you can enjoy motorized sliding for precise tracking shots and dynamic time-lapse sequences. The versatile Genie II is also compatible with nearly any third-party slider.
Features include reduced friction on the rope drive, a quick release camera plate for easy setup, keyframing with the Genie 2 app; and joystick, smartphone, and tablet control. Quiet operation and a compact portable design enable you to use the Genie II Linear almost anywhere your travel.
Attach the main unit to your slider's platform, and once the included Genie rope is threaded properly, the Genie II linear can automatically slide along the length of the rope. A smartphone connected via Bluetooth can control the Genie II Linear wirelessly, and when used with the Genie II Motorized Pan/Tilt Head, you can access 3 axes of motion to accomplish more advanced shots.
Future app features will include Bulb Ramping for day-to-night time-lapse exposure, HDR Timelapse, Simple Setup, Live View, 360° Time-Lapse, Multi-Row Panorama, and more.
- Motorized platform is compatible with the Genie II Pan/Tilt Head or third-party sliders
- Reduced rope-drive friction produces reliable vertical motion
- Quick release camera plate for easy setup and adjustments
- Time-lapse and video modes
- Quiet operation; compact, portable design
- Joystick, smartphone, and tablet control
- Genie 2 app enables you to create keyframes for complex moves
Genie 2 App Features
- Multi-axis keyframing
- In-app joystick control for setting start and end points
- Bounce Back (repeat) Mode simplifies interview shoots
- Ease in or out of your movement at any keyframe
Syrp Genie Mini II Panning Motion Control System
Compact enough to fit into a small carry bag or even your coat pocket; the Syrp Genie Mini II is a portable and easy-to-use device for creating smooth panning motion time-lapses or real-time video. The Genie Mini II expands on its predecessor's features with the addition of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 support, longer video recording battery life, a faster USB Type-C connection, and 360/VR panorama support.
The Genie Mini II is designed to sit between your camera and tripod and has an internal motor that enables 360° panning motion with cameras weighing up to 8.8 pounds. Control and setup is done wirelessly using a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection and Syrp's Genie 2 App for iOS and Android devices. To accommodate experienced and beginning time-lapse shooters, the Genie 2 app provides a useful set of presets, so you can start shooting right away. Advanced users will appreciate the faster Bluetooth 4.2 connection to take advantage of more complex, custom motion control settings and multi-row panoramas to create 360/VR images.
A lithium-ion battery provides approximately 15 hours of time-lapse and six hours of smooth, continuous video panning on a single charge. A USB Type-C cable is included for recharging the battery.
- Multi-row panorama mode enables shooting "gigapixel" panoramic and 360/VR images
- Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi support
- Lithium-ion battery provides 15 hours of time-lapse and 6 hours of smooth continuous panning
- USB Type-C charging cable
- Syrp Genie 2 app support
- Advanced keyframing mode: Program complex moves using the App "keyframe editor" to control each axis's path and its speed independently and precisely
- App camera control mode
- Auto-exposure support
- Time-lapse compiler support
- Supports both incremental time-lapse motion as well as smooth, continuous panning motion
- Max speed: 360° in 33 seconds
- Turntable mode enables using the Genie Mini for product photography for both stills and video
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity for wireless setup and control using the Syrp Genie 2 app for iOS and Android devices
- App presets to help you get started with your time-lapses
- Shoot Astro time-lapse using the move-shoot-move function
- Ease in/out feature lets you ramp your movement at the beginning and end of your time-lapse or video move
- 1/4"-20 camera mounting screw with 3/8"-16 adapter included
- 3/8"-16 tripod mounting thread
- Can be combined with the Syrp Genie Mini for 2-axis motion control, the Product Turntable for interactive 360° images of objects, or the Genie II Linear for 3-axis motion control (using an optional sync cable to connect the systems)
Syrp Pan Tilt Bracket for Genie and Genie Mini
The Pan Tilt Bracket from Syrp allows you to create dynamic 2-axis and 3-axis time-lapse and real-time videos with varied combinations of Genie and Genie Minis. Two individual brackets are included: one to mount a Genie Mini in a vertical orientation onto a second Genie Mini (or Genie), and one to mount your camera. Used together, the two brackets allow you to use the base Genie/Genie Mini to control pan axis, with the vertically oriented Genie Mini controlling the tilt axis. For 3-axis movements, use with brackets in conjunction with a slider-mounted Genie.
Syrp Sync Cable for Genie and Genie Mini
Designed to connect a Genie motion control system to a Genie Mini, the Syrp Sync Cable allows you to combine the two systems together to add 2-axis motorized motion to your time-lapse and real-time videos.