The 8x42 Razor UHD Binocular from Vortex is a versatile optic suited to a wide range of professional and recreational applications, from close to long-distance observation.
The Razor UHD renders views with minimal chromatic aberration, exceptional color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness, and optimal light transmission through the use of ultra high definition glass, an index-matched lens configuration, XR Plus lens coatings, and phase-correcting prism coatings. Birders will love its 4.5' close focus distance. The lenses are protected from scratches, oil, and dust by ArmorTek exterior lens coating.
The lightweight magnesium housing is argon filled and sealed with O-rings to ensure reliable and durable protection against dust, debris, fog, and water. It is rubber armored for non-slip and durable protection, and is equipped with a large focusing knob that is easy to use even while wearing gloves. Naturally contoured to perfectly fit your hands, promoting comfort and eliminating user fatigue,the Razor UHD includes a winning combination of features.
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Compact roof prisms
- Ultra high definition glass corrects chromatic and spherical aberrations to eliminate off-axis comas and improve color and contrast
- Phase-correcting prism coatings improve resolution, clarity, and contrast
- XR Plus fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, and contrast
- Short 4.5' close-focus distance
- Wide 64° apparent angle of view
- 420-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Short closed-bridge configuration
- Large textured and slip-resistant center focusing wheel
- Right-eye dioptric correction
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod-mountable with optional adapter
- 16.7mm eye relief
- Comfortable 5.3mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and strong magnesium chassis
- Protective rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip
- O-ring sealed and argon-filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental conditions
- Scratch-resistant ArmorTek exterior lens coatings repel oils and corrosive materials from lenses