Leverages 30 years of lineage to create the latest in the OC9 series cartridge; the Audio-Technica Consumer AT-OC9XEB is a dual moving coil stereo cartridge with a Elliptical Bonded stylus that is highly prized by vinyl enthusiasts and professional critics for its musical transparency, expression of sound, and precision construction.
The dual moving coil cartridge features a Elliptical Bonded stylus, which is designed to provide outstanding channel separation, while the Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting (PCOCC) coils ensure pure audio transmission and are aligned in a reverse V-shaped formation to exert less pressure on the stylus, thereby minimizing distortion. Other enhancements include a rigid aluminum body that reduces resonance, a neodymium magnet, and premium permendur yoke that dramatically increases the magnetic energy, ensuring rich, full-range audio with a high transient response. The AT-OC9XEB comes pre-threaded, enabling it to be mounted to a headshell or integral tonearm with just two screws (no nuts required). Also included are a non-magnetic screwdriver, mounting hardware (screws and washers), a plastic protector, and a brush.
- Dual moving coil design, featuring independent coils for both left and right channels, provides outstanding channel separation
- Coils are aligned in a reverse V-shaped formation, which exerts less pressure on the stylus, thereby minimizing distortion
- The cartridge body is pre-threaded, enabling it to be mounted onto the headshell or integral tonearm with just two screws—no nuts required
- Features nude Elliptical Bonded stylus and boron cantilever with accurate tracking ability and high transient response
- A neodymium magnet and permendur yoke provide dramatically increased magnetic energy
- Aluminum body minimizes unwanted vibration for reduced resonance and superior audio reproduction
- Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting process (PCOCC) is used for the coils to achieve pure signal transfer