The Kase Wolverine Magnetic Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 Filter helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is particularly useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground. An included Kase magnetic lens adapter ring allows the filter to be used on a lens with 95mm front filter threads. The magnetic design of this filter allows it to be rotated within the adapter ring for precise positioning of the gradation along the horizon line. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image, and this filter provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light from entering the lens.
Mounted within a nonthreaded steel filter ring, the Kase Wolverine Magnetic Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 Filter is made specifically to fit within a Kase Magnetic Lens Adapter Ring for Wolverine Magnetic Filters. Each surface of the filter's tempered, shock-resistant optical glass includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while further enhancing clarity as well as color fidelity. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
The included magnetic lens adapter ring allows a Kase Wolverine magnetic filter to be used on a lens with 95mm front filter threads. It is constructed from steel and allows for the convenient installation or removal of that filter.
Kase Wolverine Magnetic Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 Filter
- Magnetic graduated neutral density filter with nonthreaded steel filter ring
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light in selective areas
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground
- Tempered, optical glass construction for shock resistance
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Scratch-resistant and hydrophobic coatings on each glass surface protect the filter substrate and result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency
- Plastic case for storage and transport
Kase 95mm Magnetic Lens Adapter Ring for Wolverine Magnetic Filters
- Allows Kase Wolverine Magnetic Filters to be used on lenses with 95mm front filter threads
- Enables convenient installation or removal of Kase Wolverine Magnetic Filters
- Steel construction