Capture HD video and still images at depths as deep as 200' with this Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Digital Camera. External strobes can be connected through two ports for Ikelite, SEA&SEA, or Olympus-type fiber-optic strobe cords. Any Ikelite DS strobe may be connected using the Fiber-Optic Converter #4401.3 and Fiber Optic Cord #4501, both sold separately.
The housing comes with a 3.9" diameter optical glass port that accommodates the camera's full 24-120mm zoom range. A full range of optional Ikelite accessories is available for the lens port, including a press-on threaded adapter for macro and wide-angle wet lenses, color filters, and a 6" dome. Built for durability, the housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls. The back panel is removable and allows for easy drop-in camera loading. Operating the shutter is easy thanks to the large curved lever, and if you decide to use the housing with a tray and right-side handle, a shutter-lever extension is available. Rotating controls feature stainless steel, direct drive mechanisms and soft touch knobs, while back-panel buttons are made of anodized aluminum with laser-engraved labels that won't fall off or fade. The camera's LCD is fully visible. A 1/2" port permits use of an optional vacuum testing pump, to verify the integrity of the seal before your dive.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Two ports for connecting Ikelite, SEA&SEA, or Olympus-type fiber optic cords
- Constructed by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, light gray/off-white with clear back
- Color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool and offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Open-groove O-ring design
- 1/2"-20 port for optional vacuum testing pump
Controls and Handling
- Access to all camera controls except touchscreen and flash pop-up
- Large curved shutter lever for easy operation
- Soft-touch knobs and stainless steel mechanisms for rotary controls, anodized aluminum push buttons
- Engraved back-panel control labels won't fade or fall off
- 1/4-20 threaded tray mounting with 3" spacing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Built-in flat optical glass lens port with 3.9" diameter
- Accommodates camera's full 24-120mm zoom range
- Wide-angle and macro lenses and adapter, filters and dome port available separately