Create smooth and dynamic 2- or 3-axis motion videos using this Syrp Genie Mini II Pan and Tilt Kit put together by B&H. The kit comes with two Genie Mini II motion controllers, USB cables, a 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 thread adapter, and a pan and tilt bracket.
The circular design of the Genie Mini II provides smooth panning to create time-lapse and 360° video, and it can be controlled remotely via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The pan and tilt bracket's two-piece design allows you to mount one Genie Mini II for panning, and connect the other Genie Mini II vertically to create a tilt axis. Add a third axis to your setup by mounting the kit on a separately available slider.
Compact enough to fit into a small carry bag or even your coat pocket; the Syrp Genie Mini II is a portable and easy-to-use device for creating smooth panning motion time-lapses or real-time video. The Genie Mini II expands on its predecessor's features with the addition of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 support, longer video recording battery life, a faster USB Type-C connection, and 360/VR panorama support.
The Genie Mini II is designed to sit between your camera and tripod and has an internal motor that enables 360° panning motion with cameras weighing up to 8.8 pounds. Control and setup is done wirelessly using a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection and Syrp's Genie 2 App for iOS and Android devices. To accommodate experienced and beginning time-lapse shooters, the Genie 2 app provides a useful set of presets, so you can start shooting right away. Advanced users will appreciate the faster Bluetooth 4.2 connection to take advantage of more complex, custom motion control settings and multi-row panoramas to create 360/VR images.
A lithium-ion battery provides approximately 15 hours of time-lapse and six hours of smooth, continuous video panning on a single charge. A USB Type-C cable is included for recharging the battery.
- Multi-row panorama mode enables shooting "gigapixel" panoramic and 360/VR images
- Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi support
- Lithium-ion battery provides 15 hours of time-lapse and 6 hours of smooth continuous panning
- USB Type-C charging cable
- Syrp Genie 2 app support
- Advanced keyframing mode: Program complex moves using the App "keyframe editor" to control each axis's path and its speed independently and precisely
- App camera control mode
- Auto-exposure support
- Time-lapse compiler support
- Supports both incremental time-lapse motion as well as smooth, continuous panning motion
- Max speed: 360° in 33 seconds
- Turntable mode enables using the Genie Mini for product photography for both stills and video
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity for wireless setup and control using the Syrp Genie 2 app for iOS and Android devices
- App presets to help you get started with your time-lapses
- Shoot Astro time-lapse using the move-shoot-move function
- Ease in/out feature lets you ramp your movement at the beginning and end of your time-lapse or video move
- 1/4"-20 camera mounting screw with 3/8"-16 adapter included
- 3/8"-16 tripod mounting thread
- Can be combined with the Syrp Genie Mini for 2-axis motion control, the Product Turntable for interactive 360° images of objects, or the Genie II Linear for 3-axis motion control (using an optional sync cable to connect the systems)
The Pan Tilt Bracket from Syrp allows you to create dynamic 2-axis and 3-axis time-lapse and real-time videos with varied combinations of Genie and Genie Minis. Two individual brackets are included: one to mount a Genie Mini in a vertical orientation onto a second Genie Mini (or Genie), and one to mount your camera. Used together, the two brackets allow you to use the base Genie/Genie Mini to control pan axis, with the vertically oriented Genie Mini controlling the tilt axis. For 3-axis movements, use with brackets in conjunction with a slider-mounted Genie.