Capture 24.2MP photos and UHD 4K video beneath the surface with this AquaTech Elite II X-T3 Underwater Camera Housing & FUJIFILM X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera Body Kit from B&H. The housing is depth-rated to 33' and employs half-press focus, full-press shutter release, just like the shutter control on the camera itself. The camera features a 2.16 million-point phase-detection autofocus system and the X-Processor 4 with Quad CPU for fast 11-fps continuous shooting with a mechanical shutter, 30-fps shooting at a 1.25x crop and electronic shutter, and internal 4K60p 10-bit video recording. Grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, and you'll be ready to dive.
AquaTech Elite II X-T3 Underwater Camera Housing for FUJIFILM X-T3
Experience the same half-press for focus, full-press to shoot function as your dry-land photography with the AquaTech Elite II X-T3 Underwater Camera Housing. Designed for use with the FUJIFILM X-T3 mirrorless camera, the housing's dual electronic shutter controls (one for portrait, one for landscape) provide a sensation similar to the camera's half-press shutter function, allowing the user to easily determine the half-press for focus and full-press for shutter release.
The Elite II's other controls are mechanical, providing easy access to important camera functions, and its ergonomic design and side grip afford optimal handling and comfort. The housing's polyurethane body has reinforced quick release clips and tactile controls made of stainless steel, aluminum, and high-strength plastics. All the aluminum parts have been anodized for resistance to corrosion and other wear and tear.
A flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, enables the Elite II to work with separately accessories such as external strobe units and pocket wizards. A threaded 1/4"-20 mounting point at the bottom of the housing enables connection to an optional tripod or tray. The enclosure ships without a required lens port and accepts a series of ports for a wide range of lenses. For complete compatibility information, see the Port Chart.
- Depth Rating: 33'
- Designed for shallow water and surface use, and shouldn't be operated at depths beyond 15' for more than 5 minutes
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Dual electronic shutter releases mimic half-press focus camera function
- Tactile mechanical push-button and knob/dial controls provide easy access to important camera functions, including mode (video/continuous high photo), playback, viewfinder, AE-L, AF-L, rear top dial, Q menu, 5-way multi-controller
- Ergonomic design and side grip afford optimal handling and comfort
- Camera plate bolts to bottom of camera and slides into mount inside housing
- Separately sold M3 Pistol Grip also offers half-press functionality
- Body crafted from durable polyurethane
- Blue front, top and sides, clear back for camera visibility
- Controls made of stainless steel, aluminum, and high-strength plastics
- All aluminum parts anodized for resistance to corrosion and other wear and tear
- 1/4"-20 tripod mount
Lens Port System
- Ships without required lens port
- Accepts a series of ports for a wide range of lenses
- For complete compatibility information, see Port Chart linked above
External Strobe Use
- Flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, provides compatibility with flash units and pocket wizards
- Housing ships without required sync cord
FUJIFILM X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Black)
Designed for videographers and action photographers alike, the black Fujifilm X-T3 is a versatile mirrorless camera characterized by its high-speed performance, more-than-capable imaging, and multimedia flexibility. Revolving around a newly developed image sensor and processor, both high-resolution stills and 4K video can be recorded while an apt autofocus system delivers quick and accurate focusing performance. The sensor, a 26.1MP APS-C-format X-Trans CMOS 4, features a back-illuminated design, to promote greater image quality throughout the sensitivity range, along with an expansive 2.16m-point phase-detection autofocus system for quick, precise AF performance and subject tracking. Complementing the imaging and focusing is the X-Processor 4, which uses four CPUs for faster image processing as well as continuous shooting up to 11 fps with a mechanical shutter, 30 fps shooting at a 1.25x crop and electronic shutter, and internal 4K60p 10-bit video recording.
Like previous X-T cameras, the X-T3 retains its classically inspired looks and prominent tactile controls, and adds a new OLED electronic viewfinder design with 3.69m-dot resolution and a high 0.75x magnification. This finder has a high refresh rate of 100 fps for fluid viewing and remains blackout-free while shooting at the top 30 fps shooting rate. Also, a unique Sports Finder Mode can be used, which highlights the 16.6MP crop area in order to give you additional room outside of the frame to recognize moving subjects. Conversely, a rear 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor can also be used for live view shooting and larger image playback. Additionally, the X-T3 also sports built-in Bluetooth for wireless sharing and remote control, and the magnesium-alloy body is fully weather-sealed for working in trying weather conditions.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
The sensor's design also includes an expanded phase-detection autofocus system, which now has an impressive 2,160,000 points that cover nearly the entire sensor area. This AF system delivers faster, more accurate focusing performance along with low-light sensitivity down to EV -3. Complementing the imaging and focusing capabilities, an updated X-Processor 4 is also featured, and delivers faster focus response for subject tracking and also supports Face- and Eye-Detection AF when working in AF-C mode and when recording video.
The X-Processor 4 also utilizes four CPU units for faster image processing and it benefits overall performance with AF speeds as low as 0.06 sec. 0.17 sec shooting intervals, 0.045 sec shutter lag, and a 0.3 sec start-up time. Quick continuous shooting is possible, up to 11 fps with a mechanical shutter or 30 fps with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop, and internal UHD 4K60 video recording with 10-bit output is also supported.
UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording
In addition to the supported 10-bit color depth, the X-T3 also includes the F-Log gamma setting, which provides a flat picture for use in advanced color grading software during editing. This maximizes the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes and image adjustments can be made, as well, to highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness. When working in F-Log, an updated noise reduction algorithm is available along with 4K inter-frame noise reduction, and the minimum sensitivity has been lowered to ISO 640 to suit working in a broader range of scene types.
Also, the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack and 3.5mm headphone jack for more advanced audio solutions.
- A bright and clear means for eye-level viewing, a 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a high 0.75x magnification, fast ~100 fps refresh rate, wide viewing angle, and lockable diopter adjustment. The viewfinder remains blackout free while shooting up to the top 30 fps shooting rate, and a unique Sports Finder Mode can also be employed, which highlights a 16.6MP crop area of the sensor in order to allow you to see outside of the image frame.
- In addition to the EVF. a rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD touchscreen is available for intuitive live view shooting, playback and review, and settings adjustment and menu navigation. The screen has a three-way tilting design, too, to suit working from high and low angles regardless if shooting with a horizontal or vertical orientation.
- Dual SD card slots allow for a more flexible and reliable means of storing imagery, and both card slots are compatible with UHS-II standards for fast transfer speeds.
- The top plate incorporates a series of locking dials and levers for fast, intuitive control over exposure settings, including a shutter speed dial that offers direct shutter speed adjustment. An ISO dial is also incorporated into the shutter speed dial, for confirming the sensitivity setting without having to turn the camera on and the exposure compensation dial lets you choose +/- 3 EV in 1/3 steps while a command dial position expands the range to +/- 5 EV for further control.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection and six different function buttons can be assigned to control a range of settings.
- A dedicated Focus Lever provides faster, more intuitive control over selecting specific focus points while shooting.
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 low energy allows you to wirelessly share images to a mobile device or use the device to remotely control the camera.