This B&H Kit includes the Midas M32 LIVE digital console and a Midas DL32 32x16 stage box. Connect up to 32 mic-/line-level sources, up to 16 monitors, and multiple existing Ultranet-compatible personal mixers to the stage box, which conveniently hooks up to the M32 LIVE console via a single Cat 5e cable (available separately). With 25 phase-coherent mix buses, 25 Midas PRO motorized faders, and eight stereo FX engines, the M32 LIVE offers a blend of sonic precision, fluid tactile control, and versatile effects processing that's ideal for use in concert venues, houses of worship, theaters, and more.
Midas M32 LIVE - Digital Console for Live Performance and Studio Recording
Building upon the success of the original M32, the Midas M32 LIVE is a 40-input digital mixing console that is designed for live performance and live and studio recording. This latest updated adds well illuminated buttons and knobs and a preinstalled DN32-LIVE expansion module.
Housed in a high-performance carbon fiber, aluminum, and high-impact steel chassis, this console is both lightweight and durable, making it ideal for professional audio applications such as touring sound, A/V, club installs and more. The mixer features 32 Midas PRO microphone preamplifiers, which are used in the industry standard MIDAS XL4 and HERITAGE 3000 consoles. In addition, the console features 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses and is fitted with 25 motorized faders that are rated for 1 million life cycles.
The M32-LIVE includes a vast array of built-in effects that are designed to take the place of your outboard signal processors, thus reducing set up times and streamlining your workflow. The Virtual FX rack features 8 true-stereo, studio-grade effects engines each assignable to any input, group, or output mix bus. Choose from high-end FX plug-ins that have been modeled after classic audio gear including the Urei 1176, Teletronix LA-2A and Fairchild 670 compressors, as well as the legendary Pultec EQP-1a and EQ5 equalizers. There is also a wide range of reverbs, delays, modulation effects, and much more.
In addition, the M32-LIVE employs 192 kHz ADC and DAC converters for state-of-the-art conversion and sound quality, making it capable of catering to the most demanding professional applications. It features the preinstalled DN32-LIVE expansion module, which provides 32-channel bidirectional audio I/O via USB 2.0 for both live performance and studio recording, plus comprehensive remote operation of your DAW via HUI/Mackie Control emulation. Dual SD/SDHC slots allow fully independent recording/playback of up to 32 channels of uncompressed WAV files in consistent sessions (to capacity of the SD cards). Additionally, dual AES50 network ports allows for up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs over a shielded CAT5 cable, which allow remote stage boxes to share signal among several connected M32-LIVE and other Midas, Klark Teknik, and AES50-equipped products. What's more, onboard ULTRANET provides a 16-channel digital mix direct to P16 Personal Monitor Mixers, without added hardware, cost, or latency..
- Live performance and studio recording digital console with up to 40 simultaneous input channels
- 32 award-winning Midas PRO microphone preamplifiers
- 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- AES50 networking allows up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs
- 32 bi-directional channels of live recording/playback on dual SD/SDHC (cards not included)
- Up to 3 hours of 32 channel PCM recording in one session- stored as uncompressed WAV files
- High-performance carbon fiber, aluminum, and high-impact steel structure
- 40-bit floating point digital signal processing
- 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- 8 digital signal processing effects engines
- 25 Midas PRO motor faders
- Daylight viewable 7” full color TFT display screen
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- DAW remote control emulations of Mackie Control and HUI protocols
- Optional wireless remote control with Midas Apps for iPhone and iPad
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
Midas DL32 32-Input / 16-Output Stage Box with 32 Midas Mic Preamps
Closing the gap between stage and front of house, the Midas DL32 is a 32-in/16-out stage box that includes 32 fully programmable and remotely controllable Midas mic preamps, which are the same preamps found in the larger PRO Series consoles, and are equipped with switchable +48V phantom power. Additionally, the DL32 features 16 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs, as all of the DL32's inputs and outputs have been designed to handle both balanced and unbalanced signals, removing any worries about signal degradation, noise, and crosstalk interference. The DL32 also features dual Cirrus Logic Digital to Analog converters, providing a reduced noise floor and lower distortion, and post-DAC filtering to remove wide-band noise.
The DL32 Stage Box includes an Ultranet port that lets performers connect directly to the Powerplay P16 system for in-ear monitoring, and lets each artist take control of their own monitor mix. This allows for performance and audience concentration without other possible sonic distractions.
The DL32 comes outfitted with dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multi-core applications. Many manufacturers have adopted the ADAT digital interface as a means of transferring digital data between certain types of audio devices, such as mixers, synthesizers, lighting rigs, and effect processors. With the DL32's dual ADAT outputs, you can simply connect to any ADAT-compatible outboard devices.
The stage box also includes dual AES50 ports for cascading multiple units over a single shielded (STP) CAT5 cable. Two DL32 Stage Boxes can be cascaded, providing connectivity for up to 64 mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs. This flexibility benefits both live and studio recording applications, as well as post-production, broadcasting, and audio routing infrastructure.
The DL32 can be remotely operated up to 328' (100 m) via CAT5/5e cable, simplifying communication between the stage and front of house. The DL32's monitoring / head amp control section allows you to select any one of the 32 inputs or 16 outputs for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can set individual channel gain, apply +48V phantom power, plus you have the option listening directly to the input signal. Even at this distance, all settings can be controlled or programmed from the front panel of the console. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for system security.
Each of the 32 Neutrik XLR inputs is equipped with a status indicator LED, which illuminates to show when the +48V phantom power is used, providing instant clarity and ease of use. The automation scenes allow MIDI to be incorporated, so that the external MIDI-compatible devices can be controlled as part of the scene change via the console's MIDI output. Additionally, console events can be triggered from an external MIDI source via the console's MIDI input. You can also control the gain and phantom power settings remotely using the MIDI communication functionality.
Housed in a road-ready, rugged 19" 3U rack-mountable chassis, the DL32 is designed to withstand the rigors of touring applications.
- 32 Midas PRO microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48V phantom power
- 16 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs
- Ultranet personal monitoring system connectivity for in-ear applications
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Remote operation up to 328' (100m) via CAT5/5e cable
- MIDI In/Out for bidirectional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Features Neutrik etherCON AES50 and Ultranet network ports
- Rugged 3U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage