The Sony DWT-B30 is a is a third-generation DWX Digital Series wireless bodypack transmitter compatible with the DWR-R03D rackmount and DWR-S03 slot-in receivers as well as all previous DWX Digital Series receivers.
The compact transmitter features tough magnesium housing and a Sony 4-pin Hirose input connector, allowing you to plug in a lavalier or headset mic of your choice for hands-free performances, interviews, and presentations. The unit delivers professional-quality, 24-bit digital audio and is ideal for large-scale, multichannel applications, including broadcast and film production.
The DWT-B30 operates in a single, ultrawide 140 MHz UHF bandwidth and offers selectable 2/10/25mW RF output power, extremely low latency, and a transmission range up to 300'. Four codec modes provide flexible options allowing you to prioritize sound quality, latency, or compatibility with previous generations. AES 256-bit encryption is on board for secure transmission. Two AA batteries power the unit for up to 6.5 hours, while the micro-USB port can also supply power while in operation.
Transmitter functions, including gain control, RF frequency selection, RF power output, low-cut filter, and low-power sleep mode, can all be controlled remotely from the portable DWR-S03D receiver or the rackmount DWR-R03D receiver. The DWR-R03D features networking capabilities, allowing you to control multiple transmitters via a computer running Sony's Wireless Studio control software, for high-channel count applications.
Additional compatible receivers include the DWR-R02DN, DWR-S02DN, DWR-S02D, DWR-R02D, DWR-R01D, and the DWR-S01D.
Professional Sound Quality for High-Density Multichannel Productions
High-Density 375-kHz Channel Plan: 16 full-quality channels per 6-MHz TV channel deliver reliable transmissions with less interference during complex, multichannel shoots
UltraLow Latency: Latency times as low as 1.2 ms ensure coherent sound and accurate monitoring
Four Codec Modes: The system offers 4 different codecs tailored for different applications, with Mode 4 offering the highest quality sound and short latency
Adjustable RF Output Power: The selectable 2/10/25mW of RF power gives you the flexibility to overcome interference in challenging environments
Easy-to-Use Features for Fast Setup
- Remote control of transmitter settings (including gain and low-cut filter) and automatic frequency change of the transmitter and receiver
- Menu-selectable, two-channel, scanning and transmitter setting mode in one process
- The bodypack transmitter can accept mic- and line-level signals with input gain ranging from 0 to 48 dB, adjustable in 3-dB steps
- The low-cut filter offers multiple frequency settings from 20 to 220 Hz, or can be turned off entirely
- The adjustable, easily readable OLED display shows transmission status, remaining battery life, RF power, audio level, peak indications, lock status, and the Cross Remote signal level
User Memory Function
- Easily store and recall multiple transmitter settings for quick setup in the field
- Avoid accidental changes during a shoot by locking the transmitter's settings
- AES 256-bit encryption ensures secure transmission with all 3rd-generation DWX components
- Proprietary Secure Key encryption option is a backward compatible mode that works with 1st- and 2nd-generation DWX components
- The DWT-B30 will run for up to 6.5 hours on two AA batteries
- The micro-USB port can also be used to power the transmitter while in use
- Low-power sleep mode when transmitter is not active preserves battery life