Making use of advanced AI processes and an intuitive workflow, Luminar 4 from Skylum is an efficient tool for editing and managing a library of images in an effective, seamless, and non-destructive manner. Version 4 revolves around key updates to machine learning technologies, giving way to new tools such as AI Sky Replacement, AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer, and AI Structure for quickly adjusting the look and feel of photographs without needing to employ complex masks, selections, or layers. Raw file processing is also possible, with AI technology and a host of Looks and effects, for making one-click adjustments to photos to achieve repeatable and attractive effects. For consistency, edits can be synced between images, and batch processing also helps to expedite your workflow. Using a dedicated Luminar Library Panel, viewing, sorting, rating, and labeling images is an intuitive process, which also allows you to work with multiple photos at a time. Specialized AI Sky Enhancer and Accent AI tools make it simple to perform a series of adjustments using a single slider, and a collection of more than 45 photo filters lets you finish your photos with style. Additionally, Luminar 4 can be used as a standalone application or as a plug-in with other popular editing applications to easily integrate within your existing editing process.
This educational edition of Luminar 4 is available for verified students, teachers, and other educational customers only.
Luminar 4 Updates and Enhancements
- AI Sky Replacement benefits from machine learning and intelligent algorithms to completely replace the sky in images in order to alter the mood or apparent time of day or season of your photograph. Automated relighting also keeps foreground subjects in harmony with the adjusted sky for a realistic and dynamic appearance without needing to make complex layers or masks.
- AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer use human-aware technology to expedite the process of retouching portraits. Through the use of an intuitive slider system, skin smoothing, teeth whitening, lip reddening, and other common portrait adjustments can be made without the need of masking and selections.
- AI Structure is a content-aware tool that automatically detects elements in an image that could benefit from increased sharpness and detail without affecting other regions that do not require additional sharpness or clarity.
- Accent AI automatically analyzes images and can apply dozens of adjustments with one slider. Using human-aware technology, these automated adjustments can also be applied to images of people for fine-tuned portraits.
- AI Sky Enhancer is a slider dedicated solely to adjusting and perfecting the look of skies, and a specialized Sunrays filter lets you quickly added realistic sun rays to your images.
- Smart Contrast is a more careful and sophisticated means for adjusting contrast in an image, which helps to preserve color and details for more realistic and textured results.
- An updated selection of more than 70 Looks provides one-click results to instantly transform the appearance of your photos. Additionally, custom Looks can be created and saved for future use.
- The Landscape Enhancer toolset helps to fine-tune the look of landscape shots with a series of intuitive sliders, including Dehaze for restoring clarity and color; Golden Hour for adding a warm sunlight effects; and Foliage Enhancer for adjusting the color and hue of plants, trees, and flowers.
- Finalize images with an intelligent object removal tool, a series of Creative effects sliders, adjustable Denoise adjustments, and an intuitive Details Enhancer slider system.
- Fully non-destructive workflow for greater editing freedom
- Luminar Library Panel for viewing and editing multiple photos at a time
- Single Image View, Gallery View, and Filmstrip View to suit different organizational needs
- Fast syncing of adjustments between multiple images for a consistent look
- Images can be rated with stars, marked with color labels, and flagged as favorites or rejects
- Referenced folders stay in sync with current version of edit
- Updated list of criteria for filtering and sorting images more efficiently
- Smart Shortcuts aid in automatically organizing photos
- Luminar Photos Trash helps to keep drives clean and organized when sorting and deleting files
- Quick Edits effects for editing single files
- Luminar Looks uses AI technology to apply quick fixes, adjustments, and effects to images
- Enhanced Info Panel and faster overall processing performance
- Libraries allows you to efficiently view and manage your photos along with the ability to apply ratings and labels for improved file organization.
- Adaptable Workspaces match your style for a more pleasing interface to work within, and include Professional, Quick & Awesome, Aerial, Landscape, Black & White, and more themes.
- After applying edits to a single image, you can then sync your edits with additional images to maintain a cohesive look throughout series and groups of photos.
- More than 45 distinct photo filters are available, along with a series of editing tools, including brushes, masking tools, layers, clone and stamp tools, and the ability to batch process images.
- Tone Curve, HSL (Hue/Saturation/Luminance), and Color Toning tools can be used to efficiently adjust the brightness, contrast, and color rendering of photos.
- Built-in Lens Correction and Transform tools help to remove unwanted distortion, whether it be due to the lens in use or the vantage point where the photograph was taken.
- History Panel lets you retrace your steps and undo any unwanted edits.
- Luminar 4 can function as a standalone application, for installation on up to two computers, or as a plug-in with Apple Photos (Mac only), Aperture (Mac only), Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, or Photoshop Elements.