The Cokin NUANCES P Series Infrared 720 Filter is designed to help capture images of how a subject reflects or transmits infrared light.
Infrared light waves occupy the space in the electromagnetic spectrum behind visible light due to their longer wavelengths. Many surfaces and materials react to or emit infrared light waves differently than visible light waves, which provides the potential for photographs of subjects or subject properties that are otherwise invisible to the human eye. Such images require an infrared-sensitive medium such as infrared film or a digital photographic sensor, which may be more effective when used without the infrared-blocking filters that are frequently built over them.
Conventional light sources such as the sun, photographic strobes, or incandescent lighting may be used to provide infrared illumination. However, because infrared films or digital photographic sensors can be more sensitive to the relatively higher energy and shorter-wavelength visible light those sources also emit, the effects of infrared light can be otherwise obscured. This Cokin NUANCES P Series Infrared 720 Filter makes it possible to capture images of how subjects are illuminated by infrared light by blocking ultraviolet and visible light waves less than 670nm from entering the lens it is mounted onto. Instead, visible and infrared light at or above 670nm is progressively transmitted, with 50% of infrared light at 720nm and up to 98-99% of infrared light at 950nm.
Cokin NUANCES Infrared filters are constructed from optical mineral glass and feature anti-glare coatings to help reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and clarity, while additional hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency. Additionally, Cokin NUANCES Infrared filters feature C-shaped edges. This rounded edge shape resists chipping to further enhance durability. For use with a Cokin P Series Filter Holder without built-in gaskets, a light-blocking gasket is included. This gasket forms a seal that is intended to prevent stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in-between the filter and the lens behind it.
- Compatible with a Cokin P Series Filter Holder
- Designed for use with infrared film or digital camera sensors by filtering out visible and ultraviolet light under 670nm
- Visible and infrared light at or above 670nm is progressively transmitted, with 50% of infrared light at 720nm and up to 98-99% of infrared light at 950nm
- Effective for infrared films or other media sensitive to visible and infrared wavelengths 670nm or above
- Filter factor of approximately 256x to 1000x reduces exposure by about 8 to 10 stops
- Constructed from optical mineral glass
- Anti-glare coatings help to reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and color fidelity
- Hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency
- C-shaped edges resist chipping to further enhance durability
- For a Cokin P Series Filter Holder without built-in gaskets, an included gasket helps to prevent light from coming in-between the filter and the lens behind it, which can have an unwanted effect on exposure
- Padded pouch for storage and transport